New digital parking lot sign at Epcot

J. D.

The sign shop I used to work at produced a lot of the billboards for a local IMAX theater - I can't tell you how cool it was to be involved in producing one of the billboards for Black Knight...
Black_knight_ver2.jpg

:D

ChrisFL

Premium Member
People will notice a sign like that more than a regular sign, and it helps at dusk/night (and since it's coming up on winter, the sun is setting much earlier in the day).

Sometimes they route the main parking past the normal area, so I can definitely see this being useful to quickly change the parking information.

matt9112

I can't believe there is a thread for this....In other news, they changed the toilet paper in the Main Street restrooms....

well it's a Disney fan forum and yes technically a thread about changing toilet paper could have it's own thread however that is more of an upkeep item this is a new sign that isn't just a repair but a new design so technically new news. :)

NearTheEars

well it's a Disney fan forum and yes technically a thread about changing toilet paper could have it's own thread however that is more of an upkeep item this is a new sign that isn't just a repair but a new design so technically new news. :)

I’ve canceled all future trips until they bring back park specific toilet paper. Last straw.

Monorail_Red_77

As far as signs go, we're even seeing LED billboards almost overtaking printed ones up here in Boston. The biggest downside to them is that the brighter the LEDs, the less their life-span...but that wouldn't seem to be an issue with this particular sign as it isn't overly bright (notice that the "white" is more like a light grey, at least in the pics). In the long run, they can be economical because you don't have to make a new sign every time it needs to change (or have someone install it), people notice it more (so it's less likely to be hit by a car), they're heavier and more wind-resistant...there are lots of benefits to going this route. Also, as far as being environmentally friendly, I'm pretty sure building one lit sign and just changing the display as needed uses less energy than having to keep producing a new sign face every time a sign needs to change.

The sign shop I used to work at produced a lot of the billboards for a local IMAX theater - I can't tell you how cool it was to be involved in producing one of the billboards for Dark Knight, but the amount of man-hours and materials that go into a single billboard can be pretty high. When I left the job years ago, they had already started switching over to the type of billboard that shifts every few minutes (it's made up of vertical, triangular panels that all turn to change the image on the face, so there are three possible images), but I really wouldn't be surprised at all if eventually they go digital.

Over here on the East Coast of Central Florida the new digital billboards have been popping up more and more in the past few years.
Makes it nice because they can post Amber Alerts, Wanted Poster, and also during severe weather like Irma. They would post radar animations and any evac orders, etc.

Pixieish

Over here on the East Coast of Central Florida the new digital billboards have been popping up more and more in the past few years.
Makes it nice because they can post Amber Alerts, Wanted Poster, and also during severe weather like Irma. They would post radar animations and any evac orders, etc.

Agreed! I'm not wild about how billboards look in general, but they definitely can come in handy when it's so easy to change them. :)

lazyboy97o

At least that's an iconic element of the park. This is a sign in the parking lot and people are somehow taking issue with it.
It may just be a parking lot sign but it is still something that was designed. There was a proposal written up, meetings and reviews.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom