New Destinations coming to Star Tours

RebeccaMcK

The article said November 16th. I haven't been on any soft openings for rides before, so please pardon my ignorance here - if I'm there on Tuesday (as I've already planned, the 17th) is there a chance the new scene will be available sometimes on that day, too? If it's ONLY on the 16th, I could hop over from Epcot. I arrive at WDW tomorrow. Thanks.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
The article said November 16th. I haven't been on any soft openings for rides before, so please pardon my ignorance here - if I'm there on Tuesday (as I've already planned, the 17th) is there a chance the new scene will be available sometimes on that day, too? If it's ONLY on the 16th, I could hop over from Epcot. I arrive at WDW tomorrow. Thanks.
Chances are it will be, but heck, Id still hop over from Epcot just to make sure you dont miss it. Have a great trip!

RebeccaMcK

Chances are it will be, but heck, Id still hop over from Epcot just to make sure you dont miss it. Have a great trip!

Thanks! I think I'll put that in my touring notes for Monday after all, then. Chances are I'll be slightly sick of Epcot by that point (Monday), since I'm also planning to hop over to Epcot for lunches & dinners on Saturday and Sunday, lol (from Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom, respectively). Even planned my FPs around F&WF booth eats. I figured having some of the small plates each day will let me try more than I'm normally able to try....sorry to get off topic there. It would be fun to see the new Star Tours scene on my 45th birthday, and it's easy/quick to get from Epcot over to DHS.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It should be from November 16 onwards. But be aware that with soft openings, they can be stopped at any time. Good luck!

AEfx

Nice. I like what they did - as I said when this came up way back when, I assumed the "new" sequence would be in a higher rotation, at least at first. Makes a great deal of sense. Though I am sure someone somewhere will complain, LOL, it really was the obvious choice.

TP2000

The reviews from last night's Season Of The Force media event at Disneyland were fantastic. While much of the media attention was on the big changes made for Hyperspace Mountain, the new Episode VII destination just added to Star Tours also got good reviews.

To avoid SPOILERS, I won't quote the reviews in this thread, but will just link to the several media reports coming out of SoCal from Thursday night.

The Orange County Register can always be counted on for glowing Disneyland publicity.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/star-691906-force-ride.html

The LA Times is often much more critical of Disneyland than the "local" reporters at the Register. The LA Times sent multiple reporters to experience Season Of The Force on Thursday night, and their reports on the whole event are downright giddy. They have vaguely good things to say about the updated Star Tours, including a link to a Periscope of the new ride. http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...on-of-the-force-media-20151112-htmlstory.html

Last edited:

YodaMan

The reviews from last night's media event at Disneyland were fantastic. While much of the media attention was on the big changes made for Hyperspace Mountain, the new Episode VII destination just added to Star Tours also got good reviews.

To avoid SPOILERS, I won't mention it in this thread, but will just link to the several media reports coming out of SoCal from Thursday night.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/star-691906-force-ride.html

^this

WhatJaneSays

If you want to go the 17th go as early as possible. DHS is closing at 4 PM that night and if word is already out about the soft opening then the line will get long fast and they may cap it at points during the afternoon.

TP2000

MAJOR SPOILERS in the short video below, so only click on it if you want to see some of the new Star Tours destination.

This is a 90 second overview of Season Of The Force at Disneyland that had its big media opening last night. Star Tours on-ride footage is featured midway through the video.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom