News New Crêperie restaurant coming to Epcot's France Pavilion as part of Ratatouille expansion

TrojanUSC

To be fair to this interior, it only looks a little more generic than the refurbished Red Lobster design.

59adae51e81b1.image.jpg

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Interior gives me a vibe of a gussied up / modernized La Madeline. While it looks welcoming it also looks dark and goes in the opposite direction away from "light and airy" that comes to mind when I think of crepes and creperies. That said I can understand that they may have wanted a different look than Chefs de France. I also think the name including "de Paris" is more to differentiate from Chefs.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
We'll see if word "buckwheat" makes it on the final menu. I'm imagining that the average Disney customer would be skeeved out reading buckwheat, if not already unsure about crepes to begin with.
Huh? Buckwheat pancakes are quite common in the U.S.

Denny's, IHOP, and just about every diner in the U.S. has buckwheat pancakes.

dreday3

We'll see if word "buckwheat" makes it on the final menu. I'm imagining that the average Disney customer would be skeeved out reading buckwheat, if not already unsure about crepes to begin with.

Doesn't everyone know what a crepe is at this point? It's on every diner menu that serves breakfast all day I've ever been to. :D

It's the savory crepes that are buckwheat. Most people will probably get the dessert crepes.

But savory crepes are where it's at!

TikibirdLand

I doubt it will be a problem, but there will always be those mouth breathers who just want a burger and chicken nuggets in the France pavilion.
My family are very much mouth breathers by your definition. But, we'd try both types of crepes. We seem to draw the line on a lot of other foods. Not big on the Norway or Moroccan food. We do need to expand our palate :)

SpoiledBlueMilk

My family are very much mouth breathers by your definition. But, we'd try both types of crepes. We seem to draw the line on a lot of other foods. Not big on the Norway or Moroccan food. We do need to expand our palate :)
I doubt your family is what I would consider the "mouth breathers" I referenced in my post - the fact that you want to expand your palate shows that. Sorry if I was too harsh! World Showcase is such a great location for Disney to really amp up its food offerings outside of the festivals.

UNCgolf

Doesn't everyone know what a crepe is at this point? It's on every diner menu that serves breakfast all day I've ever been to. :D

It's the savory crepes that are buckwheat. Most people will probably get the dessert crepes.

But savory crepes are where it's at!

Probably depends on where you live. I've had crepes before, but I don't think I've ever seen them on the menu at any diner or breakfast place in the southeast. I don't remember seeing them on menus of standard diners/breakfast places in LA, NYC, or Toronto either, actually. The only time I've had them (outside of Paris) was at a restaurant a bit like this one that was specifically a creperie.

dreday3

Probably depends on where you live. I've had crepes before, but I don't think I've ever seen them on the menu at any diner or breakfast place in the southeast. I don't remember seeing them on menus of standard diners/breakfast places in LA, NYC, or Toronto either, actually. The only time I've had them (outside of Paris) was at a restaurant a bit like this one that was specifically a creperie.

Interesting.

Almost every "greek diner" here in Chicago (and surrounding burbs) have crepes as part of their enormous breakfast menu.

UNCgolf

Interesting.

Almost every "greek diner" here in Chicago (and surrounding burbs) have crepes as part of their enormous breakfast meu.

I'm used to seeing pancakes and/or waffles (usually both) but not crepes on diner breakfast menus.

Anyone who lives in a large city should have access to them, though. I haven't seen them on any standard menus here in Atlanta but there are certainly places to get crepes if you want them.

michmousefan

And all of the accents are wrong. All of them. Every single one.
crêpes not crēpes
entrées not entrėes
sélection not selection
salé not salė
chèvre not chėvre
Unbelievable. Such sloppy work. As if the people making the sign had no idea and just decided to do something vaguely French without bothering to glance at a dictionary. This lack of attention to detail (if you consider spelling a pesky detail) is completely on par with the whole food court look of the place. I hope the food is more authentic.
Perhaps... given that the sign *already* has the awkwardly placed new price over the desserts, maybe this is a "preview" version of the menu board and they will be able to make a new one with the right accents, spelling and all when the restaurant "officially" opens. Or maybe that won't happen until they have actual French employees and visitors pointing out the errors... who knows when that will happen.

Introvert

Perhaps... given that the sign *already* has the awkwardly placed new price over the desserts, maybe this is a "preview" version of the menu board and they will be able to make a new one with the right accents, spelling and all when the restaurant "officially" opens. Or maybe that won't happen until they have actual French employees and visitors pointing out the errors... who knows when that will happen.
You don' t need to have French employees or speak French to have an accurate sign. Just a little research can accomplish accuracy .

rkleinlein

You don' t need to have French employees or speak French to have an accurate sign. Just a little research can accomplish accuracy .
All they needed to do was use Google Translate, for merde's sake.

Clearly the people responsible for this catastrophe don't know French. And yet, it never occurred to any of them that it might be a good idea to ask someone who does know French to take a look at it? Huh? It's not difficult people.

Non. This is careless, sloppy, and embarrassing work. No excuses.

lazyboy97o

I'm used to seeing pancakes and/or waffles (usually both) but not crepes on diner breakfast menus.

Anyone who lives in a large city should have access to them, though. I haven't seen them on any standard menus here in Atlanta but there are certainly places to get crepes if you want them.
IHOP has crepes, so they’re available all over the country.
Why would a preview menu excuse so many errors? The graphic designer should have checked before even printing a proof.
All they needed to do was use Google Translate, for merde's sake.

Clearly the people responsible for this catastrophe don't know French. And yet, it never occurred to any of them that it might be a good idea to ask someone who does know French to take a look at it? Huh? It's not difficult people.

Non. This is careless, sloppy, and embarrassing work. No excuses.
Which is made all the worse when you realize that Disney has French employees. How hard would it have been to email someone at Disneyland Paris?

dreday3

Namaari

Been looking forward to this opening even though I've had crepes many times before, there's just something about it being at WDW that makes me excited to try it. I am, however, disappointed in the generic design/layout of the restaurant, as several posters mentioned previously. I expected more of a unique look to La Creperie that is more French provincial style, or at least gives a nod to some of their films that take place in France without going completely ham and adding IP everywhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom