New Country At Epcot??

DicksonGR

To be Serious and Take a rather mature approach to this subject matter. Yes I honestly believe the World Showcase would benefit by adding a few newer countries. Maybe take the area around the international gateway. between France and United Kingdom. the area where the gateway/world traveler is. and put in two more countries or the areas between France and Morocco, or between Italy and Germany. or heck that giant open ground between Germany and china.

there are several Countries that I believe that would do wonders.

Ireland
Scotland
Australia
Russia
India
Brazil

just to name a few

Think of the architecture

a mini Taj Mahal or Kremlin.

I spend more time in the world showcase these days then Future world. I am always learning something new in each country about different foods and cultures. there is only so many times I can ride spaceship earth, test track or mission to space lol

Scotland is supposedly there already being they have the United Kingdom pavillion ... not that there's much Scottish culture. Mostly English I'd say.

STITCHGEFAN

Thankfully it sounds like this isn't true. All for a new country in the WS, but Future World needs a serious dose of TLC before they consider that.

Circle of Life and Figment need to go and a 3D show from 1986 doesn't fit in with the Future World thing in my opinion. I have a soft spot for Ellen UOE but I'd really like to see it given a modern day outlook on things.

bubbles1812

Don't need memory when I have a hard drive. ;)

But my drawing skills are woefully inadequate.
Picture Sugarloaf Mountain, that big Jesus statue, carnival, and guests cruising around above scenes of Brazil. Done.
That actually sounds pretty dang cool. But I would suspect the people of Brazil would throw even more of a fit than they already are if the Brazilian government said they were paying for another superfluous thing or would imagine it would be viewed as superfluous even if the gov sold it to them as "it will increase tourism and bring in money". I wouldn't be sold on that angle. Plenty of people seem to equate visiting WS as having actually visited the countries in question... Which is dumb.

EOD K9

Freedonia. A fitting choice for this thread....
I believe Mrs. Teasedale will lend the money. However, there is a great Rufus T. Firefly impersonator at Uni.

If they did do a Brazil, would they have Carnival every night? and would they have to tone it down?

Zman-ks

Kazakhstan. Your host is Borat. Shop may be difficult and/or illegal to stock. Not sure of the dining possibilities either.
75.gif

lol... :p

djlaosc

there are several Countries that I believe that would do wonders.

Ireland
Scotland

By Ireland, I am assuming that you mean "Republic of Ireland" rather than "Northern Ireland"?

Scotland is not a country, and will not be a country until after September 2014 at the earliest. It is currently part of the "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland", which is already represented.

Padraig

By Ireland, I am assuming that you mean "Republic of Ireland" rather than "Northern Ireland"?

Scotland is not a country, and will not be a country until after September 2014 at the earliest. It is currently part of the "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland", which is already represented.

Scotland must certainly is a country, as is England, Wales and Northern Ireland. You'd be a brave man to suggest otherwise to a Scot. The name of the 26 counties is "Ireland", "Republic of Ireland" is the name of the soccer team and can be used to refer to the country but the official name is simply "Ireland". You'd be amazed at the amount of Irish people who get this wrong - mainly owing to the soccer team.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom