New costume for Star Tours

Disneyfan2000

Original Poster
Hey guys, a friend of mine sent me these...Guess they are all over the hub. Its the new look for the attraction host/hostess at Star Tours... Thought you folks would enjoy!

StarTours_SketchPROPERTYTAG_Host.jpg
StarTours_SketchPROPERTYTAG_Hostess.jpg

Monorail Lime

These don't look "Star Wars" to me but neither did the old orange shirts. This is definitely an improvement over the old costumes, at least.

t3techcom18

These don't look "Star Wars" to me but neither did the old orange shirts. This is definitely an improvement over the old costumes, at least.

Very true. Looks to be possibly the same type of cloth using for the MS costumes, making it light and airy (and slightly awkward, but that's a whole different story). These ones definitely have more of a Trek-look IMHO, especially the male version.

Not that I'm complaining since I'm a Trekkie...:lookaroun

lazyboy97o

Have to second the sentiment that they look more appropriate for Star Trek than Star Wars. To me a Star Wars costume would be more layered, detailed and involved. Maybe not the most practical idea when working an attraction, but I would think a good costume designer could solve such problems.

Neverland

They're not bad, definitely better than the old costumes,

You do realize that most people working any given attraction did not necessarily choose to be there, right?

Seriously, CMs work where Disney sticks them. If they don't want to work at the location Disney offers them when they apply, they don't get hired. The CMs at Star Tours look just like all the CMs everywhere else. I'm willing to bet that many Star Tours CMs have never even seen a Star Wars movie, or at least seen any of them besides the first one. A lot of people I work with don't even like/haven't seen many Disney movies, even though our three rides are all based off of Disney classics and most Disney fans would kill to work where we do.

Anyway, I think the costumes are fine. They're not that Star Wars-y, but they look like interplanetary flight attendants, which is essentially what they're supposed to be, right? They're much better than the blinding things the CMs used to have to wear.

Those CM's are getting way more exercise standing around Star Tours for 12 hour shifts than all of us are sitting here on our computers.

Captain Hank

Anyway, back on topic, my first though when I saw the concept art was Star Trek II. I'll wait until I see the final product at the attraction to make my decision. For the record, they really don't look much like Mission: Space costumes, except perhaps around the sleeves.

By the way, the new merchandise costume looks like a cross between that and the Mousegear costume.

MansionGoer13z

Have to second the sentiment that they look more appropriate for Star Trek than Star Wars. To me a Star Wars costume would be more layered, detailed and involved. Maybe not the most practical idea when working an attraction, but I would think a good costume designer could solve such problems.

Agree. And, if they had read any of the Star Wars expanded Universe novels or thumbed through any of the Star Wars comics I think they would look better. I understand that citizens/ workers in the Star Wars Universe wear both an under and over tunic with pants that are much like cargo pants. And the colors would maybe be more earth toned.

lebeau

Hey guys, a friend of mine sent me these...Guess they are all over the hub. Its the new look for the attraction host/hostess at Star Tours... Thought you folks would enjoy!

I see they went with the Star Tours: Voyager look. Or is that Star Tours: Deep Space 9? So hard to tell.

devoy1701

Some of you beat me too it. Definitely look more Trek than Wars, but they look better than the jumpers they had IMO.

I see they went with the Star Tours: Voyager look. Or is that Star Tours: Deep Space 9? So hard to tell.

Definitely more classic movie series than either of those 2 shows.

Edeyore

I cannot see the original links to the photos. They show up when I am responding, but otherwise I cannot see the photos you are mentioning. Can anyone help?

disneyeater

Why not just have recognizable costumes from the movies, such as Storm troopers, rebel uniforms, heck even an ewok or two? I'm serious, why look to make a generic, "this is an otherworldly fashion", uniform?

Because this is not star wars, it is star tours. They are basically flight attendents, so why would they be dressed like storm troopers.

mpaul32001

Seriously, CMs work where Disney sticks them. If they don't want to work at the location Disney offers them when they apply, they don't get hired. The CMs at Star Tours look just like all the CMs everywhere else. I'm willing to bet that many Star Tours CMs have never even seen a Star Wars movie, or at least seen any of them besides the first one. A lot of people I work with don't even like/haven't seen many Disney movies, even though our three rides are all based off of Disney classics and most Disney fans would kill to work where we do.

Anyway, I think the costumes are fine. They're not that Star Wars-y, but they look like interplanetary flight attendants, which is essentially what they're supposed to be, right? They're much better than the blinding things the CMs used to have to wear.

Not true. When I was hired, I was asked where I wanted to work, and they told me what was available. Main Street Ops I told him was my first choice, and he very kindly gave me the slot. :wave:

awilliams4

Anyway, back on topic, my first though when i saw the concept art was star trek ii. I'll wait until i see the final product at the attraction to make my decision. For the record, they really don't look much like mission: Space costumes, except perhaps around the sleeves.

By the way, the new merchandise costume looks like a cross between that and the mousegear costume.

khan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom