New CoP Seats and Mysterious Tomorrowland Wall

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
Alrighty, so a couple of things I noticed this time while at MK.

The first was that it appears the Carousel of Progress got some new seats. The seats are made of newer material and are a kinda squishy green plastic. They were much more comfortable than the old ones...

The other was the fact that to the right of CoP, a mysterious work wall has appeared. Anyone have a clue what this is about?

hardcard

Alrighty, so a couple of things I noticed this time while at MK.

The first was that it appears the Carousel of Progress got some new seats. The seats are made of newer material and are a kinda squishy green plastic. They were much more comfortable than the old ones...

The other was the fact that to the right of CoP, a mysterious work wall has appeared. Anyone have a clue what this is about?

it's for the removal of the skyway building and modfications to the area in front of Space Mountain.. the wall extends past SM's entrance to the left side of Tomorrowland Power and Light...

sittle

it's for the removal of the skyway building and modfications to the area in front of Space Mountain.. the wall extends past SM's entrance to the left side of Tomorrowland Power and Light... here's a picture from today:

Hmmm... Didn't realize that Imagineering were beta testing the Rainbow technology already... Seems misplaced on SM... Would probably look better on the castle or in Fantasyland....

Castle Cake Apologist

it's for the removal of the skyway building and modfications to the area in front of Space Mountain.. the wall extends past SM's entrance to the left side of Tomorrowland Power and Light...

Not to nitpick, but Space Mountain and it's corresponding refurb wall would be to the LEFT of CoP... the OP said this new wall was to the RIGHT, which I would assume is just the wall from GPT...

EPCOTPluto

Wait, so no carpet fabric? :eek::lol:

Nice to know... :)

It would either be the refurb wall for Space Mountain OR the blue wall next to the exit for Buzz, depending on which 'right' you're saying.

Isn't it true later in the future that blue wall (RIP Galaxy Palace Theater) will become a M&G for Stitch and Buzz?

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
Wait, so no carpet fabric? :eek::lol:

Nice to know... :)

It would either be the refurb wall for Space Mountain OR the blue wall next to the exit for Buzz, depending on which 'right' you're saying.

Isn't it true later in the future that blue wall (RIP Galaxy Palace Theater) will become a M&G for Stitch and Buzz?

Nope, the carpet is the same musty stuff that it's always been...

As far as the wall, yes, I was referring to the one near Buzz and CoP, not the Skyway Demo wall. I already knew what that was... :lookaroun

A perminent meet and greet for Stitch and Buzz makes sense, especially since all they do now is meet on the deck for CoP...

brkgnews

Hmmm... Didn't realize that Imagineering were beta testing the Rainbow technology already... Seems misplaced on SM... Would probably look better on the castle or in Fantasyland....
That's actually one of the new death rays. You know how WDI likes to hide functional things in decorations... speakers in crates and fake rocks, missiles in castle turrets, etc. :lookaroun

EPCOTPluto

Nope, the carpet is the same musty stuff that it's always been...
I meant the fabric ON the other seats. It has that old and snug carpet feel IMHO. :lol:

...missiles in castle turrets, etc. :lookaroun
No wonder...

disney.jpg

:lookaroun:lol:

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
New seats in CoP excites me. :lol: That carpety wool stuff was so annoying to sit on when wearing shorts. I assume they are just doing one theater at a time since CoP hasn't closed down at all. :shrug:

MissM

Are you sure they're new? I only ask because about two years ago now, they redid ONE of the theaters. And despite the fact that I ride it every time I'm there (once a month minimum), it still took like a year before I managed to get that one theater that was redone. :lol: The seats are a lighter, brighter green versus the old.

Unless they've finally gotten around to doing a second theater...?

DisneyDellsDude

Are you sure they're new? I only ask because about two years ago now, they redid ONE of the theaters. And despite the fact that I ride it every time I'm there (once a month minimum), it still took like a year before I managed to get that one theater that was redone. :lol: The seats are a lighter, brighter green versus the old.

Unless they've finally gotten around to doing a second theater...?
I wonder who's funding this.:lol:

Brian_WDW74

I don't know if this has anything to do with the wall, but two weeks ago a new Notice of Commencement was filed as part of the Galaxy Palace Theater demo. It lists "Exterior Door Replacement, Covered Breezeway, Mens & Women's Restroom Modification- Galaxy Trailer." I assumed it was for a backstage area, but perhaps not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom