New Construction at Vista Blvd and Bonnet Creek Pkwy

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Original Poster
I was riding the bus to MK last weekend from OKW and passed this construction. Anyone know what they're building here? It's a big wall and some turrets right now. Previously part of Eagle Pines golf course but the area's all tore up now.

Thoughts?

jt04

I was riding the bus to MK last weekend from OKW and passed this construction. Anyone know what they're building here? It's a big wall and some turrets right now. Previously part of Eagle Pines golf course but the area's all tore up now.

Thoughts?

5th gate? :p

prberk

Just saw the concept art, which of course reminds me that this completely unthemed modern stone behemoth will be in view from Fort Wilderness, completely ruining the "untamed" wilderness look that the "settlement" at Fort Wilderness has today. And that was exactly what Walt Disney bought so much land to prevent.

Also, Disney now has started marketing its own upscale line of furniture, linens, and fixtures from the resorts, re-positioning itself as the hallmark of service. (The Deluxe resorts have very nice catalogs available now to buy their bedding, etc., which is now very luxurious.) So, now they are doing that just in time to compete with Four Seasons within their own resort.

Should never have happened.

Disney was capable of making their own golf community, if they decided to put their resources to it, as they used to do. (Instead of trying so hard to make everything "Disney Parks" and centralized to be homogenous with Burbank or Anaheim.)

Paul

Rob562

Is this hotel really going to be visible from Ft Wilderness? I think no. But not sure.

I believe there's still at least a decent chunk of golf course between FW and the Four Seasons. So if you couldn't see the golf course from FW before, you won't be able to see Four Seasons.

Also, contrary to what people sometimes say and/or assume, the lake/pond seen in one of the most widely-shown piece of concept art is *not* Bay Lake. It's a stand-alone pond quite a distance away from the shores of Bay Lake.

-Rob

me_stitch

Premium Member
no hotels

I just hope hotels and fast food restaurants don't start popping up all around disney world. That's what separates disney world from disneyland. you can't look across the street from the magic kingdom and see a starbucks, mcdonalds, or a sheraton hotel like you can at disneyland. I like disneyland (I'll be there in 10 days), but it doens't hold a candle to disney world. let's keep it that way.

Unplugged

I just hope hotels and fast food restaurants don't start popping up all around disney world. That's what separates disney world from disneyland. you can't look across the street from the magic kingdom and see a starbucks, mcdonalds, or a sheraton hotel like you can at disneyland. I like disneyland (I'll be there in 10 days), but it doens't hold a candle to disney world. let's keep it that way.

Oh, you mean hotels and fast food like the McDonald's near All-Star or the new hotels in Bonnet Creek, Eagle Pines, etc.?

Sorry, but too late. My concern is focused on how much Disney execs plan to "sell out" which is the big unknown. I understand Disney's interest in out sourcing the high end market to someone with an International following for big dollar appeal, but some of the other choices are, well, less than stellar.

Mr Toad

Can't wait to tee up at this new course. I've been waiting for this course to be completed. I might not actually stay at the Four Seasons resort though.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I understand the concern but in this particular case it is unwarranted. If Disney sold this piece of property to Motel 6 I would have an issue but they sold it to the 4 seasons and what they are building there will rival the Grand Floridian so no worries.

durangojim

I'm curious to see what the Four Seasons will be charging per night. Should really give the Grand Floridian a run for its money, as the service at any of the Four Seasons I've stayed at has been far better than Disney (can you say a REAL concierge?).

trr1

I'm curious to see what the Four Seasons will be charging per night. Should really give the Grand Floridian a run for its money, as the service at any of the Four Seasons I've stayed at has been far better than Disney (can you say a REAL concierge?).

REAL concierge

thank you for that MR. Rogers reference

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom