New Commercial for Universal

rioriz

You guys must have no sense of humor (or jaded by recent developments) cause I thought the MM+ commercials were done as well as they could be...

The Universal one was great also! Cant wait to go soon!

rioriz

You know I hate what they're promoting, but the commercials made me laugh.

Just shows the different directions both parks are going. One promotes the attractions and the other shows the bands!

Well glad I am not the only one who laughed...

The look on the lady at the coffee shop was priceless lol

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Meanwhile, this is what the Mouse House is cooking up.

First one had it's moments. It's stupid, but when she walks into the door, I laughed. DIdn't make me want to head to WDW though.

Only made it 40 seconds into the 2nd one. Horrible. This one actually made me not want to visit.

The UNI commercial though....I am on their website looking into a trip now.

IndianaJones

Original Poster
First one had it's moments. It's stupid, but when she walks into the door, I laughed. DIdn't make me want to head to WDW though.

Only made it 40 seconds into the 2nd one. Horrible. This one actually made me not want to visit.

The UNI commercial though....I am on their website looking into a trip now.
That's what I mean though. Universal focused on the attractions and the family time you spend with those attractions. I get what Disney was doing. Trying to make it about the ease of using the Magic Bands and Fast Pass plus. But that doesn't make me want to visit.

Completely different directions. And it frustrates me so much, because I hate to see Disney like this.

As I said, Universal is doing it right.

djlaosc

Meanwhile, this is what the Mouse House is cooking up.

These videos just make me think that they have been made up by amateurs/sketch websites like FunnyOrDie or something like that, basically making fun of MyMagic+...

It's taking some of the main parts of why we aren't impressed by MyMagic+ (what does it do differently to a KTTW Card?) and tries to sell the system on all of these "new" things, which you could actually already do...

Last edited:

djlaosc

I think Disney's repeated use of the phrase "lock in" is a serious detriment to the effectiveness of their FastPass+ commercials by betraying the flexibility that MyMagic+ is supposed to bring.

Exactly - "lock it in", coupled with the band/tracker and the loss of spontaneity makes me think of prison...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom