New coaster coming to Shanghai???

DisneyDean97

If i'm not mistaken, Expedition Everest was pitched for an expansion pad, but they went with Zootopia instead. But now it seems the resort is set on adding a new coaster, which I think it needs, it only has Tron and SDMT, it's missing another thrill that most other castle parks have, either with Splash Mountain or a BTM (Shanghai has neither) but I'm interested they went another launch coaster, considering Tron is in the same park.

cino

If i'm not mistaken, Expedition Everest was pitched for an expansion pad, but they went with Zootopia instead. But now it seems the resort is set on adding a new coaster, which I think it needs, it only has Tron and SDMT, it's missing another thrill that most other castle parks have, either with Splash Mountain or a BTM (Shanghai has neither) but I'm interested they went another launch coaster, considering Tron is in the same park.
Considering launch coaster is very popular nowadays and SDMT is a traditional chain lift coaster, it's understandable they go for another launch. I'm very curious what theme it will be.

LittleMerman

Weren't there rumors that a Moana or Mulan coaster was coming to one of the parks at some point? Thought I heard that somewhere.

DisneyDean97

Considering launch coaster is very popular nowadays and SDMT is a traditional chain lift coaster, it's understandable they go for another launch. I'm very curious what theme it will be.
It would be nice to see a new land with this new coaster, the park needs a frontierland type land, which probably won't happen because China specifically told Disney no Main Street USA, and no Frontierland while they were building this park, lol China doesn't like the West and certainly doesn't want to make an idealized version of it

KUwithN

Because the code name of this expansion is ‘project @’. Well, @ is very like the avengers logo. Very likely, Shanghai is going to have a ‘avengers land’ like Hongkong attached to Tomorrow land.

J4546

Original Poster
I was wondering when Avengers would hit shanghai. Also still wondering about the new e-ticket being built in HK and what its gonna be.

BrianLo

I think that's in reference to projections all over the place. Isn't the ride system supposed to be Test Track / Radiator Springs Racers?

No, I'm also pretty certain it's trackless. I think someone here confirmed that several years ago.

The Test-track system we'd be able to see evidence of during construction.

J4546

Original Poster
well there were plans to retheme the rnrc in paris to an outdoor spiderman ride through buildings and people thought it sounded cool so probably something similar?

RandySavage

I feel like Iger/Chapek's Disney strategy is to look to Universal and follow suit. Build a mega-land centered on a single super popular outside IP? Check. Build generic Ramada Inns and market them "themed resorts". Check. Build a naked giga-coaster in the your THEME park and watch it get rave reviews? This project would check that Follow-Universal's-Lead box.

So as unfortunate as this rumor sounds (for a fan of the formerly-bespoke Disney theme park standard), I could easily imagine them building a naked steel coaster looming behind Pirates and Zootopia.

thequeuelinelectures

well there were plans to retheme the rnrc in paris to an outdoor spiderman ride through buildings and people thought it sounded cool so probably something similar?
Was that really going to be outside though? I always imagined the city facades would be added inside the current show box. I can’t imagine the crazy work in retrofitting an indoor coaster to work outdoors and removing the whole box and such

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom