New coaster coming to Shanghai???

J4546

Original Poster
Was that really going to be outside though? I always imagined the city facades would be added inside the current show box. I can’t imagine the crazy work in retrofitting an indoor coaster to work outdoors and removing the whole box and such
i thought it was supposed to be outside but i could be wrong

DisneyDean97

i thought it was supposed to be outside but i could be wrong
It may have looked like that, but the coaster was still going to be 100% indoors.

Reviving this thread... Will we see this be announced at D23? Seems like a sure bet
Eh I don't know if we actually will. I would like to, but I think we'll just see updated concept art on Zootopia, maybe an animation of the ride, or a construction video of the actual vehicles testing; doubtful on the new coaster being announced

J4546

Original Poster
Shanghai TSL looks dsmal and small on maps, and given how large every other area is and how much area there is to expand on, I could see them redoing and expanding TSL with SDD and more.

BrianLo

That's interesting. Albeit Slinky doesn't have a switch. Slinky Dog Dash is also redundant with RC Racers and Slinky Dog Spin.

The "games are coming" makes it seem like TSMM. Also the plot that I think is cordoned off would accommodate that attraction.

TSMM would also be something I'm sure they earmarked a plot for from the get-go.

D231016

1700132141921.png

Project @ just got approved by The Shanghai Municipal Development and Reform Commission. For refrence, Zootopia land received its approval about 6 month ahead of its official announcement.

Haymarket

View attachment 754417

Project @ just got approved by The Shanghai Municipal Development and Reform Commission. For refrence, Zootopia land received its approval about 6 month ahead of its official announcement.
Google Lens translation. Second line says:

Name of administrative licensing decision document: Shanghai Municipal Development and Reform Commission's approval of Shanghai International Theme Park Co., Ltd.'s Aite project.

"Aite" might refer to "Aite Road."

Screenshot_20231116_080336_Google (1).jpg

Looks like it's a Vekoma coaster. Same reference to "Aite": https://coasterfriends.de/freizeitp...el-bereich-disneyland-shanghai-china.1225772/

20XX-novelty-Multi-launch-coaster-in-Marvel-area-Disneyland-Shanghai-China-Coasterfriends-Forum.jpg

So a new hotel currently under construction and a new coaster perhaps just six months away from beginning construction. Wow.

Last edited:

Indy_UK

Google Lens translation. Second line says:

Name of administrative licensing decision document: Shanghai Municipal Development and Reform Commission's approval of Shanghai International Theme Park Co., Ltd.'s Aite project.

"Aite" might refer to "Aite Road."

View attachment 754455

Looks like it's a Vekoma coaster. Same reference to "Aite": https://coasterfriends.de/freizeitp...el-bereich-disneyland-shanghai-china.1225772/

View attachment 754457

So a new hotel currently under construction and a new coaster perhaps just six months away from beginning construction. Wow.

You would think they would take note and do the same for the western projects too and not announce them years ahead.

The more they add to Shanghai the sooner I will make the trip there.

DisneyDean97

Bumping this thread... do we have any other updates or movement on this project?
Zootopia seems like a success so I would assume Shanghai Disneyland is eager for more expansion

Supersnow84

Bumping this thread... do we have any other updates or movement on this project?
Zootopia seems like a success so I would assume Shanghai Disneyland is eager for more expansion
Interesting I heard that zootopia wasn’t meeting early projections with it basically just being “same number of guests but now they are in one more land”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom