New CM nametags

Pioneer Hall

Original Poster
What do u guys think about the New nametags for the 100 years celebration. For those who havn't seen them, insted ofthe place the CM is frm it has the name of something Disney on it. Personally I liked the old ones. I liked to know where the CM's were from. Made for nice conversation.

Goofalicious

I think that's the exact reason. Good conversation. Yeah it's nice to know where they're from and everything. You can say, "Hey! That's where I'm from!" or "I live near there!" But could it be that all this good conversation could be interfering with their work? I don't know, that's what I thought this during my last visit in December.

General Grizz

LOL..on my recent trips I tried to notice the name on ever CM I found...I almost fell down trying to look at the badge on a running waitress in the Garden Grille...:hammer: Many Haunted Mansions...

TURKEY

Personally, I like having the 100 yr. nametag. I don't have to keep telling people that I am from Arkansas (AR) and not Alaska like everyone thinks (AK).

Actually I get more questions about my 100 yr. nametag (Robin Hood) than I did from my other. The only folks that asked me about my location nametag were people from Arkansas or Alaska.

Pioneer Hall

Original Poster
Originally posted by turkey leg boy
Personally, I like having the 100 yr. nametag. I don't have to keep telling people that I am from Arkansas (AR) and not Alaska like everyone thinks (AK).

Actually I get more questions about my 100 yr. nametag (Robin Hood) than I did from my other. The only folks that asked me about my location nametag were people from Arkansas or Alaska.

Not related...But Turkey Leg Boy which stand are you at? Never caught that info.

TURKEY

Originally posted by DisneyInsider

Not related...But Turkey Leg Boy which stand are you at? Never caught that info.

I work at the popcorn/turkey leg/ice cream/beer/soda cart in front of AA. I've also worked the nut cart when its there. As well as the ice cream cart in Italy (now being run by AA. so is morroco's) when ever there are enough CM to open everything.

I also work inside at Liberty Inn in the kitchen.

Pioneer Hall

Original Poster
Originally posted by grizzlyhall
You would probably know what I would put.... ;)

Well there are a couple of choices. Most obvious CBJ. But you are a big Horizons, JII, and KK fan. So you would need a few nametags. Can't wait to get a pin for the new JII ride.

Maria

I was lucky to be there when they changed the nametags to the millennium ones,so I have two different nametags as memorabilia! :)

I really liked having my hometown written on it. It´s bad that they took that away.... :( It was very cool and amazing to see all the different remote places cast members were brought from!

To answer to Goofalicious with his doubt about distracting CM´s from their work: do not worry, they are supposed to talk and interact with the guests. When you are interviewed, they look for outgoing people who are not afraid of interacting with guests. When I worked in Epcot, there were rotations in which we only had to walk around WSC talking to people, answering questions, sharing our culture with them. A good starter were of course, our nametags! Tons of people approached me to look at my home place, and if they had been there they would get very excited, or if they wanted to come, they would ask a lot about it! I loved it!

:) :)

Pioneer Hall

Original Poster
I'd rather have the home place. I've gotten in to some very nice conversations with CM's because of where they live. But if there Nametag says Haunted Mansion I don't start a conversation over that.

Monorail Lime

Yeah, they are kinda lame now. It's neat to have guests say "wow, you are from Texas? so are we!" and start a conversation. "wow, you like Donald Duck? so do we!" doesn't happen nearly as often.

:(

Oh well, it will all be over soon.

JEDI1138

Well this is interesting, Disney seems to have dropped the ball on why the cast member's name tags now have a "Disney Magic Memory" on them instead of the home town. The Disney Magic Memory on the cast member tags was selected by the cast member as his or her First or Most Magical Disney memory. The Idea is to create cast/guest conversation, not minimize it. We could only pick from a pre-defined list, which included parks, movies, attractions, shows, characters, and phrases Disney. we are supposed to Share Magic Memories - cast members and guests, as part of the 100 Years of Magic celabration. Next time your at disney Give it a try and see what happens.

burbur

only domestic castmembers get to pick a magical moment. all the international program CMs still had their homeland on it. of course, i kind of liked having the magical moment, although i do agree there was usually more people asking about illinois rather than scrooge mcduck, which is my favorite disney character.

Pioneer Hall

Original Poster
Originally posted by burbur
only domestic castmembers get to pick a magical moment. all the international program CMs still had their homeland on it. of course, i kind of liked having the magical moment, although i do agree there was usually more people asking about illinois rather than scrooge mcduck, which is my favorite disney character.

I saw some of the international CM's with the new tags. It was kind of mixed in WS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom