News New Club Cool opens Summer 2021 at EPCOT

Speedy71

Where's the freaking melon frosty!!!

images

doctornick

As I review the flavors, I don't quite get Madagascar (Bon Bon Aglais) and Dominican Rep (Country Club Merengue) both being included. While I'm sure they are distinct from each other, both of them say they have a "tropical fruit" flavor. I feel like it would have been nice to see one of these swapped out for something more differentiated (especially something in the cola range like Mezzo Mix).

It looks like the Korea one (Joy Apply Lychee) is not carbonated ("still" on the discription), so that's a nice variation.

I'm really curious to try the Smart Sour Plum from China. That sounds... weird, but interesting.

hpyhnt 1000

Is it just me, or does this club cool seems noticeably smaller, and with that, has notably fewer drink stations? Considering how busy it was, it makes me wonder why. It also has me worried that the breezeway queue for Club Cool might become permanent.
Don't worry, I'm sure the Lightning Lane will be installed soon.

But I agree, the space does seem smaller. I also feel having all the machines in a row against the wall isn't going to help either.

castlecake2.0

EPCOT'S brand new Club Cool now open​

Club-Cool_Full_44062.jpg
Lord have mercy is that a RETAINING WALL BENCH?! I feel guest satisfaction would increase 1000% if they put these anywhere there is a low fence keeping you out of a garden. It keeps you out AND gives you a place to sit. I hope we see more of these as epcot transforms.

*just to clarify, this is a good thing!!

Last edited:

zann285

I always wondered why they can serve us samples, but don't sell bottles of them. I always wondered why I couldn't buy a bottle of my fave, like other "tastings". Does anyone know if it's a legal/distribution thing or what?
There are differences between Coca Cola Co and their bottlers. If I recall Coca Cola did not until recently do much bottling at all and mostly made money by selling bottling rights to distributors, the largest of which was Coca Cola Bottling, but Coca Cola bought that bottler out in the last 10 years.

At the World of Coca Cola in Atlanta, which is kind of a larger scale version of this, they do give you a souvenir bottle of Coke (Or at least they used to). A part of the tour was that you could watch the whole process in their miniature bottling plant their at the site. Even the scaled down bottling plant was pretty large though, and did not seem like the sort of thing that could quickly shift to other flavors.

awoogala

There are differences between Coca Cola Co and their bottlers. If I recall Coca Cola did not until recently do much bottling at all and mostly made money by selling bottling rights to distributors, the largest of which was Coca Cola Bottling, but Coca Cola bought that bottler out in the last 10 years.

At the World of Coca Cola in Atlanta, which is kind of a larger scale version of this, they do give you a souvenir bottle of Coke (Or at least they used to). A part of the tour was that you could watch the whole process in their miniature bottling plant their at the site. Even the scaled down bottling plant was pretty large though, and did not seem like the sort of thing that could quickly shift to other flavors.
yup. I've been there! I just think it would be awesome if you could buy a full size beverly! ;)

Cmdr_Crimson

Lord have mercy is that a RETAINING WALL BENCH?! I feel guest satisfaction would increase 1000% if they put these anywhere there is a low fence keeping you out of a garden. It keeps you out AND gives you a place to sit. I hope we see more of these as epcot transforms.
I got a feeling that's Creations back storage area.

No Name

I’m shocked that they opened a brand new place with those traditional machines. Like even if they didn’t want to go with custom freestyle machines for capacity reasons, I’d have thought they’d do something more modern.

But hey, if Club Cool is back and free then I won’t complain!

No Name

If they built an entire pavilion sponsored by Coca Cola that offers unlimited free soft drinks plus exclusive options, I think that would be one of the highest-rated attractions at Epcot. Nobody wants the Play! pavilion… turn it into a dome filled with drink machines, and the Drink! pavilion would be a hit. Or heck, an addition to the American Adventure pavilion would be a fitting location!

I’m only partially joking.

Joel

If they built an entire pavilion sponsored by Coca Cola that offers unlimited free soft drinks plus exclusive options, I think that would be one of the highest-rated attractions at Epcot. Nobody wants the Play pavilion… turn it into a dome filled with drink machines. Or heck, an addition to the American Adventure pavilion would be a fitting location!
Make it the fifth gate.

the.dreamfinder

If they built an entire pavilion sponsored by Coca Cola that offers unlimited free soft drinks plus exclusive options, I think that would be one of the highest-rated attractions at Epcot. Nobody wants the Play! pavilion… turn it into a dome filled with drink machines, and the Drink! pavilion would be a hit. Or heck, an addition to the American Adventure pavilion would be a fitting location!

I’m only partially joking.
Or one of the gift shops between FW and WS Lagoon.

lazyboy97o

Justice for Mezzo Mix.
While the German Cast Members will gladly make you a spezi, Mezzo Mix should just be for sale at the Germany Pavilion. It should also be for sale at Publix and Wawa and Kroger and Walmart, but we can start with the Germany Pavilion.

*just to clarify, this is a good thing!!
Seat walls have been part of a lot of projects for years now.

Haymarket2008

While the German Cast Members will gladly make you a spezi, Mezzo Mix should just be for sale at the Germany Pavilion. It should also be for sale at Publix and Wawa and Kroger and Walmart, but we can start with the Germany Pavilion.

Seat walls have been part of a lot of projects for years now.

Spezi’s (and Mezzo Mix) are a staple in my household. I’ve got German blood in my veins. Also I’m down the street from a famous NYC German market that is consistently stocked with Mezzo. I’m spoiled.

*Q*

Club Cool should have taken over one of the towers shops. You're trying soda from around the world, this should be in World Showcase.

TikibirdLand

I’m shocked that they opened a brand new place with those traditional machines. Like even if they didn’t want to go with custom freestyle machines for capacity reasons, I’d have thought they’d do something more modern.

But hey, if Club Cool is back and free then I won’t complain!
Freestyle machines are a menace unleashed upon society. The soda taste is terrible since it comes out of the very same nozzle. And, the mixing of the stuff that's supposed to be coming out is just bad. Just keep the traditional single heads.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom