News New Club Cool opens Summer 2021 at EPCOT

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Freestyle works by mixing the primary (coke, diet coke, sprite, fanta etc) syrup with the secondary (vanilla, orange, cherry, lime etc) syrup. So the cherry flavour is likely different to proper Cherry Coke as the cherry syrup plus coke syrup is different to cherry coke syrup.

When using freestyle I like to mix, so part plain diet coke, part with cherry and part vanilla. adding some plain in stops it being too sweet.
Every since Coke changed Diet Coke with Lime into Diet Coke with Lime & Ginger (yuck), I get the plain Diet Coke and then add in a splash of Sprite.

MuteSuperstar

Freestyle machines are a menace unleashed upon society. The soda taste is terrible since it comes out of the very same nozzle. And, the mixing of the stuff that's supposed to be coming out is just bad. Just keep the traditional single heads.
Agree 1000% and shocked/pleased to see Club Cool stay with the real deal.

No Name

Freestyle machines use special highly concentrated syrup so they can fit all the flavours in.

The speciality drinks here are only used at World of Coke and Club Cool, Beverley is only made for those locations now. The other syrups may be imported rather than made in the USA, but it won't be worth them making the speciality syrups for the freestyle system.
I understand that, but I also expected the machines to look slightly more modern or futuristic or world celebratory than just the basic machine you find at your local restaurant.

stuart

Coca-Cola hasn’t been as good since they switched to high fructose corn syrup.
I always find it remarkable the difference in taste between Coca Cola here in the UK and the US. We don't have corn syrup in the product here, which means it is more fizzy and stays that way longer and far less gloopy.

I'll often grab a bottle of Sprite at night in the parks because it seems to be slightly more refreshing and less corn syrup in it than Coke.

Jon81uk

I always find it remarkable the difference in taste between Coca Cola here in the UK and the US. We don't have corn syrup in the product here, which means it is more fizzy and stays that way longer and far less gloopy.

I'll often grab a bottle of Sprite at night in the parks because it seems to be slightly more refreshing and less corn syrup in it than Coke.

not sure why but the gloopyness is one thing I kinda like about American Sprite. I don’t normally drink full sugar drinks so have Sprite Zero in the UK normally but it isn’t as common in the US so have the novelty of the full corn syrup one compared to normally having Aspartame.

UNCgolf

I understand that, but I also expected the machines to look slightly more modern or futuristic or world celebratory than just the basic machine you find at your local restaurant.

Yeah, they certainly could have done something to make the dispensers look different. The mechanism doesn't need to be any different but they could have dressed them up in some way.

World_Showcase_Lover007

Went to the new Club Cool last week right after it opened. Very basic layout and rather small/narrow. Not much unique about it and nothing Disney about it. Just some Coca Cola merch you can get anywhere. No real need to ever go back.

It’s made headlines for its glass inspired coke bottle facade and doors. Believe me when I say that this facade is far and away the only cool/unique about this place. Club cool as we knew it is dead.

castlecake2.0

Went to the new Club Cool last week right after it opened. Very basic layout and rather small/narrow. Not much unique about it and nothing Disney about it. Just some Coca Cola merch you can get anywhere. No real need to ever go back.

It’s made headlines for its glass inspired coke bottle facade and doors. Believe me when I say that this facade is far and away the only cool/unique about this place. Club cool as we knew it is dead.
Club Cool as we knew it used to look like a tween girls slumber party. I’m glad that’s dead. New Club Cool feels more Epcot to me.
81716172-6177-4948-9E42-7499B7A0C3EC.jpeg

danv3

More Disney, more family, more timeless, and more relevant, perhaps?

hpyhnt 1000

Club Cool as we knew it used to look like a tween girls slumber party. I’m glad that’s dead. New Club Cool feels more Epcot to me.View attachment 588638
I’d say the layout of the previous Club Cool was better, but that’s about it. More dispensers positioned in circular clusters made it much easier to move around and take multiple samples.

The new layout of fewer dispensers all in a row along one wall is a disappointing downgrade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom