New Citizens of Hollywood and old friends?

habuma

Original Poster
As a big fan of the CoH, I keep an eye on any photos or videos of the citizens. I was also aware of the fact that this past Saturday was supposed to be the last day for Mimi Kaboom, Betty Shambles, and Holden Hollywood.

I haven't seen any last-day video or pics, but I did see a few day-after pics with Betty. Does she have a new "friend"? And I saw day-after pics with Holden and (new) Officer Pat Friskum...maybe my eyes deceive me, but it looks like Holden has a new "friend" and that Officer Friskum might be friends with Holden's old "friend". Can anyone confirm/deny? And does anyone have any last-day video for Mimi, Betty, and Holden?

habuma

Original Poster
All I know is Mimi Kaboom does in fact have a new "friend" roaming the streets now.

As of Sunday or are you talking about her new friend who appeared last year? Because it's my understanding that her new friend from last year is now gone as of this past Saturday and that Mimi's gone altogether. But if Mimi has a third friend now, then that's interesting news.

hollywoodj

I guess you'd say she has a third friend now because this friend is new to the streets completely.

This conversation is making me literally "LOL."

mm52200

I wish they would stop recycling the character's and giving them new "friends". Is it that hard to create a new character or atleast just change the name? I understand maybe re-using the costume but I feel it's disrespectful to the "friend" that created that character that they are just easily replaced, maybe that's just me though.

mm52200

As a big fan of the CoH, I keep an eye on any photos or videos of the citizens. I was also aware of the fact that this past Saturday was supposed to be the last day for Mimi Kaboom, Betty Shambles, and Holden Hollywood.

I haven't seen any last-day video or pics, but I did see a few day-after pics with Betty. Does she have a new "friend"? And I saw day-after pics with Holden and (new) Officer Pat Friskum...maybe my eyes deceive me, but it looks like Holden has a new "friend" and that Officer Friskum might be friends with Holden's old "friend". Can anyone confirm/deny? And does anyone have any last-day video for Mimi, Betty, and Holden?
Also where did you see these pictures of their new "friends"? I'd be interested to see!

mm52200

The one that made me look closely was posted to Instagram at http://instagram.com/p/YGOOf_iwBa/. The others were in another site's weekly studios update at http://www.studioscentral.com/column/studios-update/april-14-2013-studios-update.

Take a look...tell me what you see.
You're right, Betty definitely has a new friend as well as Holden. Holden's old friend is now friends with Pat Friskem. I wish I could still try and understand why Betty's original friend's contract wasn't renewed, she was the best and a long time Citizen also being the original friend to Mimi Kaboom before creating Betty.

habuma

Original Poster
I wish I could still try and understand why Betty's original friend's contract wasn't renewed, she was the best and a long time Citizen also being the original friend to Mimi Kaboom before creating Betty.

I hadn't ever been terribly entertained by Betty. She's alright, but not the best CoH, IMO. But I did like the original Mimi Kaboom...much more than the new one. As for me and my family, our faves are Jack Diamond, Evie Starlight, Officer Peabody, and Paige Tuner. Hopefully they will all be around the studios for awhile longer.

Zman-ks

The one that made me look closely was posted to Instagram at http://instagram.com/p/YGOOf_iwBa/. The others were in another site's weekly studios update at http://www.studioscentral.com/column/studios-update/april-14-2013-studios-update.
75.gif

Take a look...tell me what you see.

Interesting....

mm52200

I'm so confused. What is "friend" code for?
"Friend" is typically used for characters but it's crossed it's way over to the Citizens. A "friend" is basically the actor portraying a specific character. It's used more with the characters and often worded such as there is only one Mickey Mouse but he has a lot of "friends" to help him out. The Citizens use to create characters specific to the actor but recently they've started keeping the same characters and when their original friend or actor leaves, they keep the character and bring in a new friend or actor.

habuma

Original Poster
...but recently they've started keeping the same characters and when their original friend or actor leaves, they keep the character and bring in a new friend or actor.

Unless I'm mistaken, the first this happened was with Mimi's friend becoming Betty's friend and Mimi getting a new friend. At the time, that shift felt odd to me. Now it seems to have happened again with Betty and Holden. And it still feels odd. I think the term I saw thrown around elsewhere (by original-Mimi/Betty's friend) is that the character got a "makeover".

That said, there have been a number of times in the past where a friend has befriended a new character. What's relatively new is an existing character getting a new friend.

mm52200

Unless I'm mistaken, the first this happened was with Mimi's friend becoming Betty's friend and Mimi getting a new friend. At the time, that shift felt odd to me. Now it seems to have happened again with Betty and Holden. And it still feels odd. I think the term I saw thrown around elsewhere (by original-Mimi/Betty's friend) is that the character got a "makeover".

That said, there have been a number of times in the past where a friend has befriended a new character. What's relatively new is an existing character getting a new friend.

You're right, but atleast the first time it happened with the second friend of Mimi, she was different enough that it was like a new character. The only thing that was the same was her name and costume, totally different personality, character everything. But it seems this time with Betty and Holden that they are exactly the same granted I haven't seen footage of them in action. I wonder if this latest version of Mimi is similar at all to the original? The one picture I've caught a glimpse of her, she has the same wig and look as the original so I wonder what the personality is like...

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
One of the new COH of Hollywood is my absolute favorite Six Bits (and a good friend), who just left that show to go to COH on Saturday. I haven't had a chance to go over and see him at Studios yet, but if he's half as funny as he is as Six Bits, he'll do a wonderful job at Studios.

habuma

Original Poster
One of the new COH of Hollywood is my absolute favorite Six Bits (and a good friend), who just left that show to go to COH on Saturday. I haven't had a chance to go over and see him at Studios yet, but if he's half as funny as he is as Six Bits, he'll do a wonderful job at Studios.

There was a CoH a few years ago named Bucky Greenhorn. He left Hollywood and soon after his "friend" became friends with Six Bits Slocum. Good for Hoop Dee Doo Revue, but sad for Hollywood. Now you say that Six Bits has left and is now in Hollywood as a CoH. It's not the same "friend" is it? Because, if so, that'd be awesome...especially if that means that Bucky's back. If not, then any details on the new citizen that you can share? Even if just a name, that'd be a good start.

englanddg

One Little Spark...

Did he very personally know the Six Bits who performed at Hoop De Do in August of 2012?

Zummi Gummi

Did he very personally know the Six Bits who performed at Hoop De Do in August of 2012?

There are about 4 gentlemen who are very good friends with Six Bits Sloakum, though only 2 hang out with him regularly. He was one of the performers at Hoop this past August, though.

His name is Chris, so it isn't the aforementioned Bucky Greenhorn (though I know who that is). He's a little bit on the heavy side and has a very expressive face. I'm on my phone or I'd post a picture. Let me see if I can figure out how to do it.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
H

There are about 4 gentleman who are very good friends with Six Bits Sloakum. He was one of the performers at Hoop this past August, though.

His name is Chris, so it isn't the aforementioned Bucky Greenhorn (though I know who that is). He's a little bit on the heavy side and has a very expressive face. I'm on my phone or I'd post a picture. Let me see if I can figure out how to do it.

The friendly Six Bits I met in August must have known him when Six Bits when on a diet. However, if he was friends with that Six Bits, you can let him know he quite literally made the show for me and the kid. He was awesome.

Zummi Gummi

The friendly Six Bits I met in August must have known him when Six Bits when on a diet. However, if he was friends with that Six Bits, you can let him know he quite literally made the show for me and the kid. He was awesome.

Did he wear glasses and play the ukulele in the show?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom