New Cirque du Soleil 'Drawn to Life' show in development to replace La Nouba

discos

I have access to casting notice for the show.....
Storyline: Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group and Walt Disney Parks and Resorts announce the renewal of their long-lasting relationship with the creation of a brand-new show to premiere at Disney Springs. The two entertainment companies first teamed up to bring La Nouba to the stage in 1998. Twenty years later, Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group and Walt Disney Parks and Resorts are working together on a new project. The new show created by Cirque du Soleil in collaboration with Disney will draw its inspiration from Disney's heritage of animation. It will celebrate Disney’s legacy of storytelling in Cirque du Soleil’s signature way, with a tribute to the one-of a kind craftsmanship that makes Disney so extraordinary. “This long-standing relationship is built on mutual esteem and the success achieved by our two creative businesses throughout the past two decades with La Nouba,” said Tiffany Rende, Senior Vice President, Corporate Alliances and Operating Participants, The Walt Disney Corporation. “We look forward to our continued collaboration with Cirque du Soleil in developing this new show that will honor Disney animation’s rich history.” After paying homage to some of entertainment’s greatest artists, such as The Beatles and Michael Jackson, Cirque du Soleil will leap into the iconic world of Disney. Daniel Lamarre, President and CEO of Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group, added “We are incredibly inspired by Disney’s immense creative universe. We are convinced that bringing Disney’s magic to life on stage will touch audiences and bring them back to their childhood.”

And the role they're still looking for is "The Girl"- Cirque du Soleil Casting is looking for a young female physical actress, dancer or circus artist with strong acting skills to play a 12 y.o. character (non-verbal) in the new creation of Cirque du Soleil in collaboration with Walt Disney Imagineering. Character’s traits: • Youthful appearance (12 years old) • Childlike body shape • Height: 1m55 (5’1’’) or less • Weight: 48 kg (105 lbs.) or less • Personality: sparkling, authentic innocence.

It does say that previews start on Friday September 20th.

DisneyDebRob

I have access to casting notice for the show.....
Storyline: Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group and Walt Disney Parks and Resorts announce the renewal of their long-lasting relationship with the creation of a brand-new show to premiere at Disney Springs. The two entertainment companies first teamed up to bring La Nouba to the stage in 1998. Twenty years later, Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group and Walt Disney Parks and Resorts are working together on a new project. The new show created by Cirque du Soleil in collaboration with Disney will draw its inspiration from Disney's heritage of animation. It will celebrate Disney’s legacy of storytelling in Cirque du Soleil’s signature way, with a tribute to the one-of a kind craftsmanship that makes Disney so extraordinary. “This long-standing relationship is built on mutual esteem and the success achieved by our two creative businesses throughout the past two decades with La Nouba,” said Tiffany Rende, Senior Vice President, Corporate Alliances and Operating Participants, The Walt Disney Corporation. “We look forward to our continued collaboration with Cirque du Soleil in developing this new show that will honor Disney animation’s rich history.” After paying homage to some of entertainment’s greatest artists, such as The Beatles and Michael Jackson, Cirque du Soleil will leap into the iconic world of Disney. Daniel Lamarre, President and CEO of Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group, added “We are incredibly inspired by Disney’s immense creative universe. We are convinced that bringing Disney’s magic to life on stage will touch audiences and bring them back to their childhood.”

And the role they're still looking for is "The Girl"- Cirque du Soleil Casting is looking for a young female physical actress, dancer or circus artist with strong acting skills to play a 12 y.o. character (non-verbal) in the new creation of Cirque du Soleil in collaboration with Walt Disney Imagineering. Character’s traits: • Youthful appearance (12 years old) • Childlike body shape • Height: 1m55 (5’1’’) or less • Weight: 48 kg (105 lbs.) or less • Personality: sparkling, authentic innocence.

If previews are September 20, does anyone know or can take a educated guess to when the show would start? I remember hearing 2020 but it seems it may open earlier?

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Confirmed with an insider to "Expect to see a LOT of movement at Cirque by September" !!!!

Well that confirms my confirmation. I wonder when they'll start hiring for box office/usher on the Disney side and Cirque Store/support staff on the Cirque side. It's still on my vision-board to work here PT again.

WhatJaneSays

If previews are September 20, does anyone know or can take a educated guess to when the show would start? I remember hearing 2020 but it seems it may open earlier?
Previews for stage productions can be as short as 2 weeks or can run months if there are significant technical issues, cast replacements, or major show/act reworkings. I don't know how long Cirque shows typically take but I could imagine a 3-4 week preview just due to the extra technical needs of their kind.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
New job posting for female aerialists...

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Any speculation on when they'll start hiring back people on the Disney-side of things for Cirque? Typically Disney ran the box office, concessions & ushered. Same speculation for the cirque store?

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Oooh, yay! I was hoping it would be! Our seats are ice level on the side (not straight on). Are there any bad seats for the show in your opinion?

in my opinion no. close will be good but there are a few surprises that happen above the ice!

We had 1st row seats (not by the ice) and they were fantastic - enjoy!!

dhslxop

I didn't see this posted, and I also wasn't able to get a pic, but it looks like they had some scaffolding and temporary stairs setup behind the construction walls. It was on each side of the main entrance balcony (by the shop and by the restrooms).

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, June 18,2019. New concrete platforms and stairways will be poured at both ends of the upper level entrances. A good idea for emergencies, given the only previous exterior exit was the stairway in the center of the upper level.

Two photos of the left side of the upper level.

IMG_1436.JPG

IMG_1437.JPG

Single photo of the right side of the upper level.

IMG_1439.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom