New Cirque du Soleil 'Drawn to Life' show in development to replace La Nouba

halltd

Certainly would be happy to hear they improved this.

How recent were these changes? Did you see the original to have a good idea of what I'm talking about?
I saw it first in Miami, so like their third city on the tour. I know exactly what you're talking about and mostly agree the original needed some help, but was still good. I've seen it since then nine times in six different cities as recently as July and it's pretty amazing now. All the "iffy" acts are gone, the new acts are stunning, and it's just all around pretty awesome now.

The bmx act is still the finale, and I'm surprised you didn't like that one. Maybe the artists are more confident now because they're pulling some really amazing tricks now (especially on a tiny stage). But, I still really love the show.

MrPromey

I saw it first in Miami, so like their third city on the tour. I know exactly what you're talking about and mostly agree the original needed some help, but was still good. I've seen it since then nine times in six different cities as recently as July and it's pretty amazing now. All the "iffy" acts are gone, the new acts are stunning, and it's just all around pretty awesome now.

The bmx act is still the finale, and I'm surprised you didn't like that one. Maybe the artists are more confident now because they're pulling some really amazing tricks now (especially on a tiny stage). But, I still really love the show.

Good to hear and I'll say, I didn't... not like the bmx part at the end - just didn't, at the time, anyway, feel like a closing act.

ilovetotravel1977

I found photos of the theatre in Disney Springs. For those who saw La Nouba, would you say the sections that are just to the left and right of the centre section in the upper part would still be good seats?

brihow

I found photos of the theatre in Disney Springs. For those who saw La Nouba, would you say the sections that are just to the left and right of the centre section in the upper part would still be good seats?
Absolutely. If anything - a lot of people didn't like sitting super close because there was a lot happening around and above you. That being said, my family sat in the front row and it was unforgettable.

the.dreamfinder

So-so. It would depend on your budget and how many people you have in your group. That stage goes back pretty deep so that isn’t the best vantage point.

halltd

So would you suggest forking out a bit more money and sitting in the lower bowl section, even if off to the side slightly?
I saw LaNouba over fifty times and sat all over the theatre. My favorite seats are just behind the cross aisle in the center. But, off center just slightly is also great. Too far off center and you miss the stuff far back on the stage. Sitting in the front is awesome for detail, but if you’re only going once, or for the first time, I suggest behind the cross aisle. Anything that takes place in the cross aisle or in the air is a struggle from the front section. You get a better overall experience from halfway back.

ilovetotravel1977

The circled section just above the middle cutout area is where I was looking at as seats were in the cheapest category.

Attachments

• bf2f5e 000374.jpg
    bf2f5e 000374.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 188

Disney Analyst

I should have clarified my original statement. I love the Dragone shows, the only touring show that he made I did not see was Saltimbanco and La Nouba was my first and forever my favorite Cirque show. I think to consistently worship Franco as some kind of god always is disingenuous to the numerous other creators in the company. The recent slew of big top shows prove that

Saltimbanco was my first show I saw of theirs. When they did it in arenas so cirque finally came to smaller towns in Canada. Was amazing. Then saw Alegria.

Since then I live in a big city and see every big top show that comes through.

halltd

I'm from North Carolina, a state that rarely gets big top shows, so I was confined to arenas for the longest time. Now living in Orlando, I'm a quick three hour drive to Miami where a big top show moves into town almost every year!
Or Tampa!

KBLovedDisney

Their website cirquedusoleil.com? It looks normal to me. What are you referring to?
The main picture for today for Volta on their main website is the one I am referring too, not the website for Disney's Cirque.

But I digress. Carry on.

Last edited:

halltd

The main picture for today for Volta on their main website is the one I am referring too, not the website for Disney's Cirque.

But I digress. Carry on.
The main picture for me is Paramour. I think it’s location based. But, what picture from Volta could be questionable? Lol.

KBLovedDisney

Have you seen Volta? That’s Phil and Marie-Lee. She’s holding on to the unicycle seat. Their act is amazing! I love them both so much. The act is funny, sexy, and mesmerizing because of their strength. So, so, so, good.

Haha! No nothing against them. I was just wondering where her hands were, and why he looked so calm about it. :hilarious: I'm sure they're terrific acrobats.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom