New Cirque du Soleil 'Drawn to Life' show in development to replace La Nouba

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Drawn to Life presented by Cirque du Soleil and Disney celebrates second anniversary with new finale act

I love that instead of just letting this show stagnant, they’ve been invested in adding more pizazz to the story. The act line up now looks wonderful! I hope to see it again on my next trip in March.

Comped

The show sells so poorly they keep having to change it, which is good I suppose. It'll get there eventually.
I wonder what Disney would do with the space if Cirque gives up? Presumably they must have had a plan during the pandemic if Cirque had gone bankrupt... The level of sales they have, I'm fairly sure, isn't sustainable long term.

Then again, I never heard people at the parks or Springs/Downtown Disney talking about seeing La Nouba either.

HauntedMansionFLA

I wonder what Disney would do with the space if Cirque gives up? Presumably they must have had a plan during the pandemic if Cirque had gone bankrupt... The level of sales they have, I'm fairly sure, isn't sustainable long term.

Then again, I never heard people at the parks or Springs/Downtown Disney talking about seeing La Nouba either.
Former Broadway show Blast. They used to perform at DCA 😉

Stitchon

Cirque du Soleil did go bankrupt during the pandemic. I don't know the specifics of their building (i'm assuming it's a ground lease situation) but Disney is known to have especially favorable lease agreements that more or less lock tenants into Disney's terms until their lease ends or Disney says otherwise. I know many Disney Springs leases also have kick-out clauses where if a tenant doesn't perform, they can be easily kicked out and replaced with someone else.

I think if Disney wanted Cirque out or felt they could replace it with something better, they would have. I doubt much has changed (performance-wise) since La Nouba was in the building, since you'd think Drawn to Life would be a bigger draw by proxy of using the Disney IP.

Comped

Former Broadway show Blast. They used to perform at DCA 😉

I'm always curious about the show before it that Disney created, some kind of strange original musical with a "mini-skirted Fairy Godmother". The Cirque show seemed to be an improvement somehow.
Cirque du Soleil did go bankrupt during the pandemic. I don't know the specifics of their building (i'm assuming it's a ground lease situation) but Disney is known to have especially favorable lease agreements that more or less lock tenants into Disney's terms until their lease ends or Disney says otherwise. I know many Disney Springs leases also have kick-out clauses where if a tenant doesn't perform, they can be easily kicked out and replaced with someone else.

I think if Disney wanted Cirque out or felt they could replace it with something better, they would have. I doubt much has changed (performance-wise) since La Nouba was in the building, since you'd think Drawn to Life would be a bigger draw by proxy of using the Disney IP.
Disney seemingly didn't mind keeping them around... We don't know how long the lease is for (if it's for the building or just rights to preform there), surely it had to have been extended over the years. Personally, what I've seen from various press bits hasn't wowed me - surely must be a reason why they seem to give away tickets in many British tour packages.

TalkingHead

Saw this over the weekend. Not as good as La Nouba but performers were entertaining and I felt like it was worth seeing at a discount. I think a more abstract storyline about the animation medium would’ve worked better for the Cirque style, but I guess that’s the deal when the show is a collaboration with Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom