New Cirque du Soleil 'Drawn to Life' show in development to replace La Nouba

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Cirque du Soleil shut down all 44 of its shows in March, laying off 95 percent of its workforce, including more than 1,300 in Las Vegas. In its bankruptcy restructuring, Cirque has been buoyed by a $300 million infusion from its investors (including $200 million from its own government agency, Investissement Quebec) to continue operations while productions are sidelined.

A total of $15 million of that capital is being applied to sidelined employees’ ongoing benefits coverage. Another $5 million is earmarked for payments to contractors, owed several millions since the company shut down in March

There has been no specified strategy from the company for when, how or even if all of its shows will reopen on the Strip."

DCBaker

Premium Member
"No official opening date has been set for “Drawn to Life” show at Disney Springs, but Cirque spokeswoman Mélanie Fontaine said it could premiere this fall if there were no government regulations in place prohibiting large gatherings.

“Employees for ‘Drawn to Life’ .. are being kept on temporary leave for the time being to ensure a swift and efficient return as soon as the ban on gatherings is lifted and show operations can resume,” Fontaine said in an email."

HauntedMansionFLA

"No official opening date has been set for “Drawn to Life” show at Disney Springs, but Cirque spokeswoman Mélanie Fontaine said it could premiere this fall if there were no government regulations in place prohibiting large gatherings.

“Employees for ‘Drawn to Life’ .. are being kept on temporary leave for the time being to ensure a swift and efficient return as soon as the ban on gatherings is lifted and show operations can resume,” Fontaine said in an email."

November 4th😉

Disneyson

I can imagine this turning into a new Disney On Broadway-style show with a property not being used in the parks a lot, like a move of the Hercules musical from a broadway opening to a Springs opening. But I also think Cirque is a very international thing in that it is almost entirely visual and requires no real knowledge of English, which is where the success lies. Almost anyone can find a Cirque show they love. Almost anyone can agree on Cirque.

halltd

I can imagine this turning into a new Disney On Broadway-style show with a property not being used in the parks a lot, like a move of the Hercules musical from a broadway opening to a Springs opening. But I also think Cirque is a very international thing in that it is almost entirely visual and requires no real knowledge of English, which is where the success lies. Almost anyone can find a Cirque show they love. Almost anyone can agree on Cirque.
They just spent how much money renovating the theatre? It's not going to be something else. Cirque still has X: The Land of Fantasy operating in China. This show will eventually open, even with Cirque going through bankruptcy protection.

culturenthrills

Everyone at Blue Man Group at Universal Orlando have been let go. They were previously furloughed. Still trying to find which other shows are done. Vegas shows are the only shows that are safe for now.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Everyone at Blue Man Group at Universal Orlando have been let go. They were previously furloughed. Still trying to find which other shows are done. Vegas shows are the only shows that are safe for now.
Yet all the BMG advertisements are still everywhere in the parks

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Drawn to Life CMs are still furloughed, not fired. BMG makes sense because it's an older show (not that it doesn't suck that they were fired).

DCBaker

Premium Member
"While Cirque du Soleil still has not announced an official opening date for their newest show, it appears that new tickets are now on sale starting in November! Dates start on November 5th, with tickets on sale going into 2021."

"At this time, neither Disney Springs nor Cirque du Soleil have announced an official opening date yet."

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I got tickets yesterday for 11/5. I was at the last show of La Nouba - I'm hoping to be at (one of) the 1st shows for Drawn To Life!!

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Got an email this morning that my Cirque tickets for what appeared to be opening night (11/5) were cancelled. I went to Cirque's website and the 1st availability for tickets is now 11/17 and I was able to re-book.

ALSO note: Cirque does NOT appear to be preparing for social distancing within the theater. There are no obvious seats/rows marked off on the seating chart. That is not good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom