New Cirque du Soleil 'Drawn to Life' show in development to replace La Nouba

TrainsOfDisney

Cirque laid off 95% of its employees worldwide.

I wish I had run down there to see it in previews... I was looking forward to seeing it in May. I was looking forward to seeing Disney in general in May.... :(

Really sad for everyone in the entertainment business right now. I’m in tennesseee and sooooooo many people work for concert tours that are based in Nashville.

halltd

I wish I had run down there to see it in previews... I was looking forward to seeing it in May. I was looking forward to seeing Disney in general in May.... :(

Really sad for everyone in the entertainment business right now. I’m in tennesseee and sooooooo many people work for concert tours that are based in Nashville.
Previews were meant to start today. So there were none. They only did a mini press event with two acts.

I feel so bad for the whole Cirque team that was laid off. 😭

Last edited:

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Anyone here have tickets for this, and have you been contacted? I had some for the 20th and have yet to hear from them, and they never responded to an email I sent last week.

scuttlebud

Anyone here have tickets for this, and have you been contacted? I had some for the 20th and have yet to hear from them, and they never responded to an email I sent last week.

I also had tickets for the 20th, haven’t heard anything either. Was planning to call the number this week, but not expecting anything substantial to come of it unless they’re issuing refunds.

halltd

I also had tickets for the 20th, haven’t heard anything either. Was planning to call the number this week, but not expecting anything substantial to come of it unless they’re issuing refunds.
I had tickets to five shows last week and this week. I called the number on the WDW Drawn to Life page last weekend, cancelled the shows within minutes, and had my refund to my CC appear late last week.

TrainsOfDisney

Cirque will get this back together when the time is right.

They basically furloughed their performers and tech staff. It's not a 'firing' as they all still have their positions when things start going again.

I’m sure that many won’t be getting a job back. I doubt all the Vegas shows will reopen, whatever the oldest couple of tent shows touring are- they will probably be done as well.

Obviously Drawn to Life will open one day... of course at this point I don’t think anything is a guarantee.

Would be interesting to see how different leadership would have handled Cirque....

Last edited:

Benjamin_Nicholas

I’m sure that many won’t be getting a job back. I doubt all the Vegas shows will reopen, whatever the oldest couple of tent shows touring will probable be done as well.

Obviously Drawn to Life will open one day... of course at this point I don’t think anything is a guarantee.

Would be interesting to see how different leadership would have handled Cirque....
Tell that to the Amaluna company who got axed after their China tour was cancelled.

I'd be careful to throw around 'tell that to's' when you don't know who here works for Cirque.

TrainsOfDisney

My presentation of that point wasn’t polite, but the thrust, that Amaluna ended early because of COVID-19 in China, is true.

Did you see Amaluna? I saw it super early in its run in Canada and regret not seeing it again when it was in Atlanta. I heard they made a lot of changes to it and it would have been my last chance to see Raphael Cruz perform live. (I had seen him previously in Iris and Traces... amazing performer and artist who left the world too early).

the.dreamfinder

Did you see Amaluna? I saw it super early in its run in Canada and regret not seeing it again when it was in Atlanta. I heard they made a lot of changes to it and it would have been my last chance to see Raphael Cruz perform live. (I had seen him previously in Iris and Traces... amazing performer and artist who left the world too early).
Yup! I saw it in Oaks PA last summer. Only wish I had been able to see the A fish bowl act.
B3CAC558-425E-431C-BF6F-607E024FE5C8.jpeg

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I'd be careful to throw around 'tell that to's' when you don't know who here works for Cirque.
You’re one of the 5% that they kept?

wait...who here works for Cirque? Be my friend...please? :)

Selfishly I'm hoping I get to see the 1st performance now. I'm relocating to Orlando around May 1st. Also, selfishly, I'm hoping to get a part time gig in either the box office again (I was a CP there in 2003) or the Cirque store.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom