New Cirque du Soleil 'Drawn to Life' show in development to replace La Nouba

cspencer96

The creative direction of the show didn’t really change and, like all cirque shows, acts came in and out of rotation.
They weren’t referring to artistic changes over the life of the show’s run, I don’t believe. My interpretation was that they’re meaning the bare looking set will likely have much more life and sophistication expected of Cirque once we see it during performance, similar to how La Nouba was drab and industrial when the show was dark but could become quite mysterious and dynamic for the show.

JohnD

I'm debating whether to purchase a ticket for 4/1 or 4/2. From late March to April 16, shows are only at 5:30 pm. Maybe to work out the kinks before they go to two shows a day (5:30 and 8:30) starting April 18.

the.dreamfinder

I'm debating whether to purchase a ticket for 4/1 or 4/2. From late March to April 16, shows are only at 5:30 pm. Maybe to work out the kinks before they go to two shows a day (5:30 and 8:30) starting April 18.
Interesting time choices. La Nouba was 6PM and 9 PM.

halltd

March are technically "preview" dates. The show doesn't officially "premiere" until April 17th. That's why there's only one show per day up until April 18th.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
March are technically "preview" dates. The show doesn't officially "premiere" until April 17th. That's why there's only one show per day up until April 18th.

Do you think they'll be doing something special on 4/17 for the "premiere" ?

JohnD

Got it. I still wouldn't mind going on a preview date. It would be the main show with the understanding that they're still working out the kinks.

TrainsOfDisney

The new show is going to beat La Nouba by a very, very wide margin.

The tech developed specifically for this show is jaw-dropping. Even with Guy no longer at the helm of Cirque, Drawn To Life feels, looks and moves like a legacy production from the directors who worked the heyday of the Vegas properties.

The concept drawings they showed off at D23 gave me a lot of hope. Sounds like I won’t be disappointed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom