News New Changes Coming to the Disney Look 2021

Disney Analyst

I don't pay thousands of dollars for people to express themselves at work . Disney use to own the market on theming and now it is becoming Universal on steroids. The two pictures in this post show if you give them an inch they will take a mile. The once very well put together Disney cast member now has become sloppy looking and unkept and some of these new rules don't help that. My comparison was not false just because it calls your comments to the carpet but nice try.

You don’t pay thousands of dollars to have any say in how CMs dress, as their employer gets to decide that.

If this new dress code somehow impacts your thousand dollar trip so much, I suspect it’s best for you to spend your money elsewhere.

eliza61nyc

So as a teacher I should be able to sport my best Cardi B look so I feel empowered and welcomed? Who gives a crap about appropriateness as long as I feel empowered and welcomed.
ladies and gents, this is what we call hyperbole to try and make a point but I'll play along.

When I went to catholic schools this is what the kids use to wear.

catholic school.jpg

now they've moved on, my kids catholic school is rocking tommy hilfinger
bcf338cf-d301-474b-a4cc-6fdf2ef5d821.__CR36,0,450,450_PT0_SX300_V1___.jpg

Does not equate to lower standards simply equates to a different style.

Last edited:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Ehh, I don't really have a strong opinion about this (showing tattoos, etc.). Mostly indifferent about the change (I am sure many CMs love it). Now we know that we love to point out breaks in theming on this site, well this is definitely that...a break in theming. I don't even think this can be questioned as not being that. From there, you can ask yourself whether or not you believe this is an acceptable break. I would imagine the majority around here would say..."Yes, yes it is acceptable."

tpac24

As a future educator, I do plan to don my best Cardi B-imitated outfits to my classes. I’ve got schedules for them.
Well if there weren't employee handbooks with the dress code outlined to prevent teachers from dressing like hoodrat strippers this would be my response to you. That's too bad because you may end up being one heck of a teacher but that won't be what people notice and it may put a bullseye on your back with the parents and administration. The teachers union can and will only help so much and often they tend to cut their losses on lost causes.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Well if their weren't employee handbooks with the dress code outlined to prevent teachers from dressing like hoodrat strippers this would be my response to you. That's too bad because you may end up being one heck of a teacher but that won't be what people notice and it may put a bullseye on your back with the parents and administration. The teachers union can and will only help so much and often they tend to cut their losses on lost causes.
You missed my intentions with that post.

Might just bring out the best “hoodrat stripper” version of myself today though.

tpac24

Standards have not fallen. Can't emphasize that enough. They may have changed focused, but they are still there.

Are you going to stop going?
If more employees look like the two in the last few pages with complete "broken theming" than yes standards are dropping and perhaps we will not vacation there twice a year anymore. We go lots of other places so maybe we will do more of that.

stevebwv

You don’t pay thousands of dollars to have any say in how CMs dress, as their employer gets to decide that.

If this new dress code somehow impacts your thousand dollar trip so much, I suspect it’s best for you to spend your money elsewhere.
Yup, will do. I will gladly pay for a Royal Caribbean Cruise at half the price or a day at Universal for 20% leas for the same, or in many cases, a better product.

denyuntilcaught

I don't pay thousands of dollars for people to express themselves at work . Disney use to own the market on theming and now it is becoming Universal on steroids. The two pictures in this post show if you give them an inch they will take a mile. The once very well put together Disney cast member now have become sloppy looking and unkept and some of these new rules don't help that. My comparison was not false just because it calls your comments to the carpet but nice try. People go to Disney to often escape their reality and the employees should reflect their level of service Disney claims to offer not the Walmart cashier smoking outside on their break even if they are smoking on their break.
Then don't go.

denyuntilcaught

As for the forearm picture, the CM naturally talking to guests would not have his arm held like that. I'm sure you could have a full length conversation with him and not even notice. And if someone does spot it while briefly walking into the queue, I really don't see why it matters.
Because some people will bend over backwards to be inconvenienced. It's that plain and simple.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom