News New Changes Coming to the Disney Look 2021

flynnibus

Premium Member
Imagine actually caring if someone has a goatee or a tattoo on their arm, and then claiming that "ruined" your Disney experience. God you people are absolute jokes.
A great strawman...

Let me give you another example...

"Imagine actually caring if someone found some trash on the ground and then claiming that 'ruined' your Disney experience'

So does that mean trash and cleanliness is completely irrelevant?

It's possible for things to be important, without being solely responsible for the total value of something.

jlhwdw

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say that this change is going to be almost completely unnoticeable for the vast majority of people. Even the people really in an uproar about it will probably not actually see anything they find objectionable next time they're at the parks.
Those in an uproar will notice, but only because they will be going out of there way to do so, and then going out of there way to make ad hominem comments about it.

HarperRose

Not like there’s been a push by some outside bearded group to have Disney relax the look book.

Or any huge outside group for that matter.

Disney is doing this because they want to, likely based on feedback from their own CM’s and consultants they’ve brought in.
They are doing it for one reason ~ they need to hire people quickly to fill roles they let go early on in the shut-down.

Disney Analyst

Was I not invited? Should I have RSVP'ed, or just asked permission from you privately to post on this topic?

You tell me what forums here I'm allowed to post in and which ones I'm not, and I'll know exactly what to do with that information. :cool:

Now now. I didn’t say that. I have no power here.

I just know something’s getting messy when frequent Disneyland boarders have found their way up here 😊

TrainsOfDisney

Men with long hair??? What would Jesus say????🙃
Wrong religion it’s what would Walt say!
You mentioned airlines, well southwest airlines came along and fabulously changed the perception of their in flight employees. They wear shorts, still look professional. They have different shirt options, still look fabulous.
I don’t think southwest employees look nearly as professional as delta employees.

HarperRose

If people really wanting to complain about the Disney experience, there is a number of other things they can scream about. Increase of prices from tickets and hotels to food/drinks, the amount of actual "perks" with your Disney stay, transportation, speed of construction, etc....
Most of us can manage to do both at the same time. It isn't an either/or situation.

Lilofan

Changing standards does not automatically mean "lowering".
You mentioned airlines, well southwest airlines came along and fabulously changed the perception of their in flight employees. They wear shorts, still look professional. They have different shirt options, still look fabulous. They changed those stupid safety announcements that no one listened to, now they have updated them made them fun and fresh. Lol now people taped them and upload them to youtube.

Professional standards have changed, Business heck I remember when you got dressed to fly. Thank God that stupidity went away.
Change is not always a bad thing.
Professionalism counts. Remember years ago when Disney security were dressed and looked like the Good Humor ice cream man? Now Disney security have more professional attire.

HarperRose

Those things don't make me nervous, however I always felt it was more along the lines of that the cast members aren't supposed to be noticed, or at least aren't supposed to stand out, they're just there to make your day easier, they're getting paid to work for you while you're there, if that makes any sense. Now I don't mean that in a disrespectful-servant kind of way, I just mean that we're paying to have a good time, and they're being paid to make us have an even better time. I think the former restrictions were really just aiming to make cast members look as normal and run-of-the-mill as possible, in a friendly way. This might just be me, but a cast member standing in front of the entrance to a ride with tattoos on their arms and neon-green hair doesn't exactly say 'friendly' to me.
It also calls their judgement into question.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom