News New Changes Coming to the Disney Look 2021

Walt d

The Disney look has already become to relaxed especially for management. next time your in the park look at how many managers Are wearing super tight clothes that they are about to bust out of and overall sloppy. That look would have never been tolerated in the past.
Im a long time share holder. And still Believe that waltz ideas should be kept in check. I have short hair and would never go back to long hair people respect you with short hair. In businesses long hair and tats they will think your going to rob, the place.. but i do have my
Short walt mustache. Thats me being radical. But clean cut. Stay with our great founder, mr disney..

Gringrinngghost

It's OK to say the Parks are not a professional environment. No one is thinking the Corndog vendor is considered a white-collar employee.
With the way people are acting over them being allowed to have a Tattoo, you would think they are the President of the United States.

No offense, but if someone "doesn't feel themselves" while selling a turkey leg in the outfit provided for them by Disney... then maybe that's not their calling in life.
Here’s the thing, with the income inequality you have to do what you have to do. For all anyone could know, they could be an musician waiting for their break, or a student at a university.

denyuntilcaught

Also, I think many here are vastly overstating how many male identified people will choose to wear a skirt or dress.

This rule isn't to turn WDW into Drag Race. It's just meant to make everyone feel a little more at ease being themselves while selling a turkey leg. This isn't rocket science.

Don't know about you, but a Drag Race-ran WDW sounds like a blast. :)

Lilofan

Last I checked an office pays its professional workers a living a wage...something of which let’s remember Disney tried to deny their lowest paid employees a one time $1,000 bonus over a union dispute over minimum wage.
Waiters in tipped positions can make more in a year than a salaried manager.

Disney Analyst

Don't know about you, but a Drag Race-ran WDW sounds like a blast. :)

They already are going that direction with the costume design of Magic Happens at Disneyland. The opening units dancers are in looks influenced by Drag Race and the like (from my understanding), although they follow mostly typical gender lines.

Mac Tonight

Here’s the thing, with the income inequality you have to do what you have to do. For all anyone could know, they could be an musician waiting for their break, or a student at a university.
To be fair, I was being facetious. I know people starting out have to get entry-level jobs that aren't their chosen careers (I've had many myself).

disneygeek90

I just picked up what was previously put down... but OK.
I don't know what you identify as but pretend if you are male someone said you had to wear a dress to work. Every day. Women get to wear pants. The problem isn't the employee, it's the employer that doesn't just give people an option to the uniforms that they designed.

cmwade77

Here's the issue I have, Disney has always set a higher standard for their CMs and in the past had consistently failed to give in to the pressure to change. If the changes can be reasonably accommodated, I say go for it; however, some things don't fit. For example someone working on Main Street having a visible tattoo doesn't make sense thematically unless they are being labeled a "freak show" or something. This has to do with the time period in which Main Street is set and keeping the theming is one of the things that has always set Disney apart from the Six Flags of the world.

Of course Disney has increasingly been doing things that make them more like Six Flags and less like Disney, such as:
  • Charging parking fees at the resorts
  • Eliminating more and more entertainment (even before COVID)
  • Having massive numbers of paid add-ons to reserve space for fireworks, parades, etc.
  • Not paying as much attention to theming as they should
The list could go on, I am not saying Disney isn't worth it, but I am saying they are taking away more and more of what sets them apart and allows them to charge the higher prices they do and I am concerned that this will push things even further that way.

So, these changes are for the people who operate the rides and work at the hotels and restaurants? This does not apply to the characters at the parks like Snow White, Mary Poppins, Alice, Peter Pan, Belle, Rey, Tiana, and Elsa?

denyuntilcaught

They already are going that direction with the costume design of Magic Happens at Disneyland. The opening units dancers are in looks influenced by Drag Race and the like (from my understanding), although they follow mostly typical gender lines.

I didn't know that! That's very cool.

Attachments

• WvNaElc.gif
    WvNaElc.gif
    779.4 KB · Views: 29

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom