News New Changes Coming to the Disney Look 2021

denyuntilcaught

There is a valid concern about lowering standards and disrupting theming. But Disney will still have appearance standards. CMs aren't going to be showing up in sweatpants with pink mohawks to run Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. (Although personally I wouldn't mind a pink mohawk for Space Mountain.)
Disrupting theming is always a valid concern, sure. But calling a more inclusive approach to casting and calling it "lowering standards" is where the problem arises - not that I'm saying that's what you meant!

jaklgreen

Do you honestly think they had African Americans or any ethnic groups in mind when they designed "the look"?
I don't. Sorry. Again, that's just was how it was. Things have changed.

I agree, I think that they went with what was the "norm" at that time. All ethnic groups dressed and presented themselves differently back then. I don't think that they thought everyone should look "white", just what was professional at the time.

Captain Barbossa

Just wanted to say that I’m glad to hear about the tattoos and longer hair length for males, but after reading several pages worth of comments, I feel as if the amount of brains cells that I possess has decreased significantly. 🤦‍♂️

While there are some aspects of this change that I like, there are some aspects of it that I don’t like, but unfortunately, you can no longer like/support both sides of anything, because that would be reasonable, and in today’s society, being reasonable shall not be tolerated.

Anyways, I don’t wish to be decapitated for having an opinion that might differ from someone else’s, so I’m gonna stop here.

Let the incomprehensible arguing resume! 🍿

Rich Brownn

I’m really hoping that men will not be allowed to wear skirts unless it’s a kilt or something to that effect. Guys wanna paint their nails? Odd but whatever.

But men do not need to be wearing a skirt. Go ahead and report this post and mods rush down to delete this but men do not need to be wearing skirts. Skirts are for women and there are still lines that need to be drawn.
Isn'r it interesting that its no issue for women to wear men's clothes (pants, tuxedos, etc) but not the other way around? I guess thats part of the inherent mindset that women are somehow inferior and wearing their clothes makes you inferior. (You'd think the way humans are designed skirts would be for men and pants for women being a bit less, um, restrictive - LOL)

jaklgreen

Isn'r it interesting that its no issue for women to wear men's clothes (pants, tuxedos, etc) but not the other way around? I guess thats part of the inherent mindset that women are somehow inferior and wearing their clothes makes you inferior. (You'd think the way humans are designed skirts would be for men and pants for women being a bit less, um, restrictive - LOL)

I don't care who wears what, I just don't want to be told that I have to wear a dress or a skirt. I hate them and would much rather wear pants. But if someone else wants to wear a skirt, go for it.

dreday3

Just wanted to say that I’m glad to hear about the tattoos and longer hair length for males, but after reading several pages worth of comments, I feel as if the amount of brains cells that I possess has decreased significantly. 🤦‍♂️

While there are some aspects of this change that I like, there are some aspects of it that I don’t like, but unfortunately, you can no longer like/support both sides of anything, because that would be reasonable, and in today’s society, being reasonable shall not be tolerated.

Anyways, I don’t wish to be decapitated for having an opinion that might differ from someone else’s, so I’m gonna stop here.

Let the incomprehensible arguing resume! 🍿

Well, I certainly feel much smarter for having read this!

NelsonRD

I don't care who wears what, I just don't want to be told that I have to wear a dress or a skirt. I hate them and would much rather wear pants. But if someone else wants to wear a skirt, go for it.

The problem is when your message becomes a distraction. I do not want to explain to my 8 year old on a vacation why a man is wearing a skirt. I accept expression, but this push for inclusion doesn't mean we should remove all boundaries.

Animaniac93-98

This is why the Disney community has become a laughing stock.

The community is a laughing stock because it will cheer any superficial platitude marketed by the company and not hold them accountable for a declining product, the hypocrisy of corporate's decisions and failing to give their employees adequate pay or autonomy.

But the front line employees can dye their hair other colours now. Yay.

aliceismad

The latest Gucci, Louis Vuitton, and Thom Brown runway shows all included men wearing skirts, dresses, or tunics of some sort. So maybe in the future it will be more socially acceptable in Western society.

SMRT-1Michael

The community is a laughing stock because it will cheer any superficial platitude marketed by the company and not hold them accountable for a declining product, the hypocrisy of corporate's decisions and failing to give their employees adequate pay or autonomy.

Did you ever think about how exclusivity, misrepresentation and abuse by guests towards the Cast contributed to the decline of said product?

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Let’s be real. They struggle to attract enough good CMs. There are people who can now work for the company who are HUGE parks fans. We will see more awesome CMs. Is a CM with a butterfly tattoo who loves their job better or worse than one without visible tattoos who couldn’t care less about the job?

You are not going to see your kids exposed to some deviant. Take your hands off the pearls.

CaptinEO

And this is the problem.

Disney expects its die hard fans love all their devisions and products and announcements.

They announce changes to things Disney fans have known and loved for years and expect the fans to cheer on removing the very things they like, I dont get it.

For example, it's safe to say Disney Park Goers like the standards for CMs, now they are supposed to also be happy those same standards are going away? Makes no sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom