News New Changes Coming to the Disney Look 2021

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
Curious, especially at MK and world showcase, in regards to costumes. These locations have the more stereotypical men wear pants women wear skirt costumes. Will they change to a unisex costume or just let the cast member pick which one they want to wear?

drizgirl

I had to look suuuuuper hard to find a tattoo on a cast member today. When I finally noticed one, it was a woman with “to infinity” written on her forearm. If I wasn’t looking I would not have noticed. I really don’t understand the absolute panic and dramatics I see in this thread.
Up until a minute ago, anyone hoping to work at Disney couldn't have them. I'd be shocked to see a lot of them at this point.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Would anyone seriously consider walking into GR and telling the CMs in there "I'm angry because Disney decided you're allowed to get a tattoo now"? All you're going to get is insincere commiserations from CMs who in reality probably disagree with everything you're saying. Not to mention this puts CMs in the uncomfortable position of having to defend a company decision that has positive implications for THEM in a way that doesn't offend YOU, the guest, despite this policy having very little to actually do with you.

Not to mention it's not going to "fix" anything. Disney Look isn't going to revert back.
I would expect they'd get an anytime FP granting access to the Treehouse and nothing more.

drizgirl

They could have them. They just couldn’t be visible. Thousands of cast members have tattoos they were covering daily with long sleeves, pants instead of shorts, makeup, or other methods.
No doubt some did. But the thought of covering it in FL heat kept many from getting them before. We won't know the real end result of the impact of the change for some time.

Lilofan

No doubt some did. But the thought of covering it in FL heat kept many from getting them before. We won't know the real end result of the impact of the change for some time.
A real impact is some I know have a tattoo made when they were young and later in life regret having it.

Fable McCloud

I'm excited, because now I can officially work without covering my wrists! I have 2 Disney tattoos on my wrists, one from Frozen 2 with "Do the Next Right Thing" under it, and one that says "One Little Spark" with Figment's tail, wings and horns. Now I can proudly show off being a Disney nerd, without passing out due to overheating by wearing long sleeves, or spending tons on makeup to cover them.

Lilofan

WDWFREAK53

Look at it like a uniform.
If the uniform says “No facial piercings” then it’s not allowed.

Frankly, IMO, a front-line CM at an attraction is just as much of the theming of the land or attraction as the Dapper Dans.

When you apply for these jobs you know about the “dress code” or uniform so you also have the ability to turn the job down. One shouldn’t take the job and expect the employer to change the rules.

That being said, if they want to relax the dress code then that’s fine. Just like the employee has the right to choose to turn down the job, we as consumers have the right to not be a patron.

Personally a tattoo or a piercing on a Castmember isn’t going to get me to stop going.

Rich Brownn

Look at it like a uniform.
If the uniform says “No facial piercings” then it’s not allowed.

Frankly, IMO, a front-line CM at an attraction is just as much of the theming of the land or attraction as the Dapper Dans.

When you apply for these jobs you know about the “dress code” or uniform so you also have the ability to turn the job down. One shouldn’t take the job and expect the employer to change the rules.

That being said, if they want to relax the dress code then that’s fine. Just like the employee has the right to choose to turn down the job, we as consumers have the right to not be a patron.

Personally a tattoo or a piercing on a Castmember isn’t going to get me to stop going.
Well, when you start to run out of people applying,,,, It's ironic you mentioned the Dapper Dans though. They used to have mustaches (at both Disneyland and WDW) as Walt considered that appropriate for a barber shop quartet. Years later they changed it to nope, and several of them quit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom