New Center Stage at Disney's Hollywood Studios

dman1373

I would argue it does (compared to before it was built), but it is acceptable. And while the shows aren't my cup of tea, they are very popular so it's innocuous to me. I just wish it wasn't so darn loud.
Too me it looks great.....but like u said its acceptable. ........I think to the people who want no obstruction to the view it can still be fine if its done tastefully with good theme and it doesnt obstruct the view too much

DisDan

my guesstimation based on "the easiest thing to do" principal that Disney employs these days is they will likely re-use the same damn temporary stage they've been using in that park (sans hat now). So lookup a picture of the DHS stage being used over the last year and carefully overlay the new view with the GMR in the background instead of the hat. That should give you more or less the end result.

Vegas Disney Fan

Any way they could "tomorrowland terrace" this?

Even if they had to build a concrete basin to keep out the water a descending stage would be a great solution.

roj2323

my guesstimation based on "the easiest thing to do" principal that Disney employs these days is they will likely re-use the same damn temporary stage they've been using in that park (sans hat now). So lookup a picture of the DHS stage being used over the last year and carefully overlay the new view with the GMR in the background instead of the hat. That should give you more or less the end result.
i would actully be ok with the temporary stage provided they build it over whatever they are building now. The extra 100+ feet of space in front of it will be very welcome.

Cmdr_Crimson

Hopefully the stage will have an oval like look to concide with the largest hidden mickey for his nose again..
dmgm-hm-aerial.jpg

donsullivan

Premium Member
The delicate nature of the disassembly of the hat has indicated that the planters and platform that were under the hat will be staying just the way they were. There has been no demolition of those planters or construction of any kind to indicate any sort of permanent stage is being added at this location. Any temporary stage will likely just be placed over that platform when required much like it was put in front of BAH while it stood.

I have to agree with the comment above that the 'Center Stage' moniker is just a theater term being used in a similar fashion to the way we use 'hub' for Magic Kingdom; it's just the center of the park. Folks seem to be projecting way too much into what seems to be a really innocuous theater term being used for the area in front of a theater.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I don't think it is supposed to look like a tropical forest. But, hey... let's celebrate the loss of the BAH that blocked the view of the Theater and complain that there aren't a bunch of trees that block the view of the Theater. Wait... that doesn't sound right now that I see it in print.

champdisney

I think Center Stage is just a name for the meet and greet spot that's located there. If you think about it, Disney can no longer write under guide map descriptions "Come meet Mickey and Pals by the Sorcerer's Hat". Might as well rename that spot and I think it's a rather appropriate name too considering its a movie themed park and the Chinese Theater entrance is right infront of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom