New Celebrate the Magic?

mm52200

Wasn't the romance section already added back to the show before tonight? Or is this in addition to the current romance section?

ryno1982

When I saw the show in mid December, the Valentine's Day segment, which is the same as the one from the Magic, Memories, and You!, was in the show. I found it strange, but was pleasantly surprised since it's probably my favorite part of the former show.

menamechris

My problem has been repeatability with both shows. I never tired of seeing fireworks, so I can watch the fireworks shows over and over again, and be impressed and entertained every time. These laser light shows? Not so much. Not that I do not find them impressive, but I hate that we are forced to watch it in order to watch the fireworks. It gets old fast....

jrh1985

Video is up now on Youtube, Thanks Steve! No new Romance section but a much improved ending of Brave and the Finale! Too bad the pryo didn't fire at the end.

MerlinTheGoat

EDIT- I've now seen the new video posted above of the Romance Edition. It looks like the extra scenes added actually further play with the architecture like I said I missed. So that's cool.

And I must have seen a really bad copy that was incredibly dull before now. The new show actually does take more advantage of the castle architecture than I first thought. The video posted by Steve above is much clearer and brighter than the one I saw previously and I was missing a lot of detail.

I still think certain scenes could use some work with taking into account the intricate facets and shape of the castle. A fair few projected images look like they were designed to work on a flat and normal shaped canvas and not the elaborate design of the castle facade. The original MM&Y played with this concept a bit more and while I like the new show better from a conceptual perspective (and I certainly don't miss the photos), there's improvements I feel could be made to this current rendition in regards to certain parts being better designed to work with the castle structure and shape.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom