New castle show Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire to open this summer at the Magic Kingdom

Matt_Black

In Dream Along, Mickey throws a party to celebrate dreams. In Friendship Faire, Mickey throws a party to celebrate friendship. Not much difference story-wise.

Except there's really no conflict. In DAWM, there are fights with Captain Hook and Maleficent. In MRFF, Goofy is self-conscious about dancing and Daisy is mad at Donald. The former is epic, the latter is are sitcom plots.

VJ

Except there's really no conflict. In DAWM, there are fights with Captain Hook and Maleficent. In MRFF, Goofy is self-conscious about dancing and Daisy is mad at Donald. The former is epic, the latter is are sitcom plots.
Maleficent is defeated easily when you think about it. All you have to do is scream DREAMS COME TRUE at her over and over until she gets annoyed and leaves. Would have made Sleeping Beauty a whole lot easier.

hpyhnt 1000

Maleficent is defeated easily when you think about it. All you have to do is scream DREAMS COME TRUE at her over and over until she gets annoyed and leaves. Would have made Sleeping Beauty a whole lot easier.

This is actually why I disliked DAWM. The whole intro of the villains and their defeat was too lazy. These are supposed to be fearsome, scary beings and all you have to do is shout "DREAMS!" at them and they'll just go away? Why even bother having them in the show if you're just going to toss them aside so easily? At least MRFF doesn't try to shoehorn in a villain section; it's unabashedly a happy gathering of characters and nothing more.

As an aside, I think one of the (many) reasons why the Villain Spelltacular is a good show is because it's the compliment to the style of MRFF. It lets the villains have their moment, without Mickey or someone trying to swoop in and defeat them.

brb1006

If you love the Peter Pan segment in Dream Along, you'll love it in One Man's Dream II from Tokyo because that's where it came from. ;) Dream Along's soundtrack is literally re-used music from Mickey's Gift of Dreams, One Man's Dream II and I'm pretty sure they re-used music from Cinderella's Surprise Celebration too though I'm not sure.
Mickey's Gift Of Dreams also contained a giant talking bag.

brb1006

This is actually why I disliked DAWM. The whole intro of the villains and their defeat was too lazy. These are supposed to be fearsome, scary beings and all you have to do is shout "DREAMS!" at them and they'll just go away? Why even bother having them in the show if you're just going to toss them aside so easily? At least MRFF doesn't try to shoehorn in a villain section; it's unabashedly a happy gathering of characters and nothing more.

As an aside, I think one of the (many) reasons why the Villain Spelltacular is a good show is because it's the compliment to the style of MRFF. It lets the villains have their moment, without Mickey or someone trying to swoop in and defeat them.
Cinderella Surprise Celebration did the Villains much better and still made them threatening.

Ag11gani

Cinderella Surprise Celebration did the Villains much better and still made them threatening.

I had never seen that show before and I think it's better than DAWM and MRFF combined. With the new stage layout and articulated heads that show could be the best, we need a 2.0. It also contained some relatively rare characters. I also like that the castle itself was incorpeted into as being a stage. Although I do prefer MRFF over DAWM, i'd rather see this.

Also that Genie had was so bad.

brb1006

I had never seen that show before and I think it's better than DAWM and MRFF combined. With the new stage layout and articulated heads that show could be the best, we need a 2.0. It also contained some relatively rare characters. I also like that the castle itself was incorpeted into as being a stage. Although I do prefer MRFF over DAWM, i'd rather see this.

Also that Genie had was so bad.
At least it wasn't Abu.
Abu_WDW.jpg

brb1006

At least Donald Duck Goin Quackers actually shows Daisy in real danger which later happened in the Three Musketeers.

brb1006

I forgot to mention that Cinderella's Surprise Celebration actually had a few character on top of Cinderella Castle besides the main stage such as Captain Hook.

Ag11gani

I forgot to mention that Cinderella's Surprise Celebration actually had a few character on top of Cinderella Castle besides the main stage such as Captain Hook.

Although never seen it in person, that's what I like about it that it used the castle as a stage, and not just the balcony at the front, other parts too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom