New castle show Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire to open this summer at the Magic Kingdom

LL2WDW

Yeah, I'm a grown man and I have to say I love this new version. It's just folksy enough to make me smile and want to do a little jig.

Well done.

huwar18

The funny thing is that the new ending is recycled from Disneyland Paris. It was the song they used in their Halloween Parade last year. Sorry, if that was already stated. I didn't look through all the pages.

brb1006

The funny thing is that the new ending is recycled from Disneyland Paris. It was the song they used in their Halloween Parade last year. Sorry, if that was already stated. I didn't look through all the pages.
And said Paris Parade also featured Huey,Dewey, and Louie.

MagicHappens1971

I'm not bashing on the new show, but I just think DAWM was much better. It had a stronger finish, and I loved the Peter Pan segment. I realize that the shows must change, of course. At least the Tiana part of this new show is good.
I feel like the issue with MRFF is that it doesn't seem cohesive like DAWM did. DAWM was more of a common theme that lead up to the Maleficent part. DAWM was one of my favorite things to see at WDW and I'm sad it's gone. But I do like both shows and although I don't love MRFF as much as DAWM, I think it has its strong points, in stage effects and costumes, but that DAWM was much better as a whole, in my opinion. MKs entertainment team did step it up creating MRFF and has proved they can create great entertainment as of late. I'm referring to Hocus Pocus, I'm also excited for the new Christmas show, I just wish the name wasn't so awful

MagicHappens1971

Did it really have a stronger theme, or did they just repeat one word over and over enough to make you think that it did? ;)

I've seen the show so many times and could recite it but I didn't realize they said "dream" so many times. Anyway what I meant was that there was not much of a story to MRFF, just a bunch of segments with songs from movies. DAWM just felt more original. Those are just my opinions

VJ

I'm not bashing on the new show, but I just think DAWM was much better. It had a stronger finish, and I loved the Peter Pan segment. I realize that the shows must change, of course. At least the Tiana part of this new show is good.
If you love the Peter Pan segment in Dream Along, you'll love it in One Man's Dream II from Tokyo because that's where it came from. ;) Dream Along's soundtrack is literally re-used music from Mickey's Gift of Dreams, One Man's Dream II and I'm pretty sure they re-used music from Cinderella's Surprise Celebration too though I'm not sure.

VJ

I've seen the show so many times and could recite it but I didn't realize they said "dream" so many times. Anyway what I meant was that there was not much of a story to MRFF, just a bunch of segments with songs from movies. DAWM just felt more original. Those are just my opinions
In Dream Along, Mickey throws a party to celebrate dreams. In Friendship Faire, Mickey throws a party to celebrate friendship. Not much difference story-wise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom