New castle show Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire to open this summer at the Magic Kingdom

jrhwdw

and then Disneyland Paris comes along and destroys any show the MK has ever had..

Why can't Magic Kingdom get an actually good stage show? :'(

Is it a castle show? No it's not!!!!! Plus it's not even in Disneyland Parc, it's in WDSP! Disneyland Parc had Forest Of Enchantment but stopped it so they could do the Frozen Sing Along for Frozen Summer. So Disneyland Parc doesn't have a good show either!

I do think the show is very good, but it can't be compared to MRFF IMO.

Prof Ecks

This show is missing a conflict. It's missing a plot. It's missing any moment that's in the least bit scary. Dream Along With Mickey had that.

This is a happy show. But there's no happy resolution without a less-than-happy conflict. This is something that Disney seems to be forgetting or just ignoring. Dream Along with Mickey had a truly happy ending. This show feels too flat, and so the ending is barely happier than everything before it.

I am fine with the the occasional conflictless, happy show of dancing. But it's concerning, at least to me, that conflict has been erased/sacrificed a lot lately.

So while I enjoy this show, I much prefered Dream Along with Mickey.

Egg, your comments are very interesting. It lacks exactly what you say. There is no threat to our ability to dream and use the magic in our hearts to make our dreams come true. No need for us to come together and through wishing overcome the doubts, fear and chaos that stand to destroy the disney magic. The show simply cuts to the chase. We just all come together, be ourselves and our dreams come true through friendship. No reference to magic or that which threatens it. Any thoughts on why they chose to erase those things (disney magic and the chaos that threatens it? Some seem to be suggesting this might be a worn out narrative, ie, let's just have good entertaining show...we get the magic threatened by chaos thing already)

Last edited:

MagicHappens1971

I think the other reason they set the show up kinda uncohesivally is so that they can switch portions of the show out and it will still make sense. Like they could replace the Rapunzel portion, just redo the dialogue and then cut their dialogue from the closing scene and replace it with the new character

Disney Analyst

Is it a castle show? No it's not!!!!! Plus it's not even in Disneyland Parc, it's in WDSP! Disneyland Parc had Forest Of Enchantment but stopped it so they could do the Frozen Sing Along for Frozen Summer. So Disneyland Parc doesn't have a good show either!

I do think the show is very good, but it can't be compared to MRFF IMO.

Perhaps we could end castle shows and build an actual theatre.... Or at least create higher quality castle shows... With actual singing and stuff.

JohnD

I think the other reason they set the show up kinda uncohesivally is so that they can switch portions of the show out and it will still make sense. Like they could replace the Rapunzel portion, just redo the dialogue and then cut their dialogue from the closing scene and replace it with the new character

Yeah. I thought about that early on. Pull Princess and the Frog. Add Beauty and the Beast. For example. It's basically three groups that meet Mickey and Minnie then they all sing as an ensemble at the end.

I don't think you really need much for a castle show. I've walked down Main Street, saw there was a show at the castle and continued on to a land. If you stop, it's just to enjoy a show. I seriously doubt most guests are expecting a plot with a protagonist and an ending.

Magenta Panther

I honestly like DAWM better than this new show. The only good part is the Tiana sequence. After that, the show just kind of fizzles. It's like...TDO decided to put together a show featuring less-classic, newer Disney princesses, which isn't a bad idea, I guess, but the execution leaves something to be desired. And the "effects" during the "Let It Go" song are a joke, unless there's more going on than the video let us see.

If the show were to be reworked, I'd keep Tiana, give the Frozen sequence much stronger effects, and how about letting Cinderella be in a show that's in front of her own freaking castle? She could sing "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes", and maybe we'd get a villain sequence featuring Lady Tremaine. Maybe a showdown between her and the Fairy Godmother. You know, add some dramatic tension or something. Right now the new show is kinda meh.

Chef Kronk

Photo of Louis, not mine.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    142.5 KB · Views: 159

Bocabear

Am I the only person who doesn't mind the non-live vocals? I prefer to hear the actual characters voice, maybe that's just me.
yes, you are the only one...lol I think live vocals make is seem more like real entertainment VS people walking around on the stage to audio cues... Disneyland has a great entertainment department and they do a lot of live vocal work...it makes a difference.

Tip Top Club

yes, you are the only one...lol I think live vocals make is seem more like real entertainment VS people walking around on the stage to audio cues... Disneyland has a great entertainment department and they do a lot of live vocal work...it makes a difference.

I always like pre recorded character audio so that it sounds like the character, but any non-characters should be live IMO.

Donaldfan1934

Thanks so much for posting this. He looks great. The PATF section felt a bit chopped up without him. While I'll always feel the location of the castle show causes a lot of noise pollution that hurts the atmosphere, I really feel this castle show is a big improvement over the others. Unlike DAWM, this show is dominated by the characters and songs of current era WDAS fairy tales instead of a crappy plot and poorly written songs made just for it with Disney buzz words like "wish" and "dream". I know fans of DAWM have criticized its simplicity, but this is really all a castle show needs to be without coming of as completely corporate and kiddish.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom