New "Caring for Giants" $30.00 Experience Debuts at Animal Kingdom on March 12 2017

djlaosc

Original Poster
New tour starting March 12 2017 at Animal Kingdom. Cost is $30.00

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2017/02/new-caring-for-giants-experience-debuts.html

OrlandoParksNews said:
Disney’s Animals, Science and Environment team will launch a new Guest experience March 12 at Disney’s Animal Kingdom called "Caring for Giants." Caring for Giants is a new family-friendly, paid-for adventure highlighting Disney's conservation efforts with African elephants in the wild, including the Elephants and Bees project. During this 60-minute experience, Guests will see the elephant herd from a newly created viewing area on Kilimanjaro Safaris' savanna and meet with dedicated animal care experts.

African Cultural Representatives will be on hand to share stories of Disney’s conservation efforts dedicated to the preservation of wild populations of elephants throughout their homeland of Africa.

The check-in location for this experience is the new Curiosity Animal Tours Kiosk, which is located inside Africa, right across from the entrance to Kilimanjaro Safaris and Wild Africa Trek.

Last edited:

Jon81uk

Why not have it included with the admission charge? Allocated first come first served.

Why not do the same with Keys to the Kingdom too?

I think this tour may be a little expensive for what it is, it can't take more than an hour so $15 seems more reasonable. But also there wouldn't be space for every guest in the park to take part, same as wild africa, keys to the kingdom and all the other tours.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Why not do the same with Keys to the Kingdom too?

I think this tour may be a little expensive for what it is, it can't take more than an hour so $15 seems more reasonable. But also there wouldn't be space for every guest in the park to take part, same as wild africa, keys to the kingdom and all the other tours.
What he said.

DisneyFan 2000

Sounds interesting.
Also , How is this an "upcharge event" ?
It is a new tour.
#fartooquicktobecomplaining
You'll find that I'm not one to complain too often around these parts. (heck! I was for Avatar even before a single rock began floating above AK) However, these easy money printers are becoming a bit much. Maybe this one does offer better value than most bland desert-parties-of-the-week, but when viewed within context of recent trends, it's hard not to be a cynic.

Next Big Thing

A new viewing area?

I felt the safari had been seriously compromised already. Too many viewing and trek areas. The sense of being on a wide open plain or isolated forest in Africa is all but destroyed when the horizon does not fade off into the distance, but onto a platform filled with upcharge event theme park tourists.
My thoughts exactly. I don't care that this costs $30, I care that it ruins a ride.

The Empress Lilly

$30 to get within 100 feet of elephants? My inner cynic says that $25 is the entrance fee of my local zoo where I get to within 10 feet of elephants for as long as I want, but ok. For Disney this sounds not overtly outrageous (which is as good of a compliment as modern WDW is likely to receive). If it's a bit similar to Behind the Seeds I might have to check it out one day.

Just because the cynicism is strong in this one: a viewing platform with an African cultural representative explaining what you see and relating stories about Disney and back home is exactly what you get at the Animal Kingdom Lodge viewing areas, for free.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom