News New Caribbean Beach Resort table service restaurant announced - Sebastian's Bistro

Bairstow

Hmm. Not sure if I like the idea of cartoon-themed/named restaurants popping up in the resorts. With the exception of Chef Mickey's, it was rare to find a resort restaurant that used obvious Disney character theming rather than a more "real" setting directly applicable to the theme of the resort. This helped maintain a degree of thematic integrity in the individual resorts rather than go for the easier route of capitalizing on popular characters.

Even if Shutters was a more "boring" name and theme, I preferred it because it was a more "correct" creative choice.

Animaniac93-98

Hmm. Not sure if I like the idea of cartoon-themed/named restaurants popping up in the resorts. With the exception of Chef Mickey's, it was rare to find a resort restaurant that used obvious Disney character theming rather than a more "real" setting directly applicable to the theme of the resort. This helped maintain a degree of thematic integrity in the individual resorts rather than go for the easier route of capitalizing on popular characters.

Does Ariel's at Beach Club count?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Even if Shutters was a more "boring" name and theme, I preferred it because it was a more "correct" creative choice.

I thought the same...very “punt” from a quality standpoint.

So is the character breakfast going to be announced tomorrow? Or do they wait a week?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I think most are missing the point. Another table-service restaurant in a "moderate" resort can only mean one thing: huge room rate increases. This muddles the line between the various resort classes considerably.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
But. There’s always been a TS there. It’s just replacing Shutters.

Yeah...this is a replacement, not an addition.
The tacky theme is just that. But tacky sells.

And here’s the important part: new restaurant at Caribbean...revamped quickserve...one restaurant at new dvc...

Viola...there’s all those amenities for that $200 a point DVC on moderate bones.

Magic, baby

NiarrNDisney

This was so needed Shutters was drab and antiquated and I'm glad to see Sebastian who was a popular character from my childhood getting a little recognition. I just wish they would consider naming the TS restaurant in the future Riviera Resort to Ariels (BCR) so its not just a meeting room and expands on the theme between the two resorts.

Bocabear

This was so needed Shutters was drab and antiquated and I'm glad to see Sebastian who was a popular character from my childhood getting a little recognition. I just wish they would consider naming the TS restaurant in the future Riviera Resort to Ariels (BCR) so its not just a meeting room and expands on the theme between the two resorts.
I remember back in the 90s when Ariels was a high end seafood and steak restaurant...it was very nice...not sure why the closed it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom