New cancelation policy

mickey2008.1

We just called today about a possible cancellation for this december, and were told that 0-6 days out, they would charge $200, fine. But starting january, if you dont have insurance, at a cost of $100 per person, and you cancel 45 days or less, you lose the whole amount. This is crazy. So you have to pay $600 in insurance for six people, and if something happens lees than 45 days out, you lose your $600 insurance, but get the rest back. thats a steep price and highway robbery. Anyone know of these changes?

IlikeDW

We just called today about a possible cancellation for this december, and were told that 0-6 days out, they would charge $200, fine. But starting january, if you dont have insurance, at a cost of $100 per person, and you cancel 45 days or less, you lose the whole amount. This is crazy. So you have to pay $600 in insurance for six people, and if something happens lees than 45 days out, you lose your $600 insurance, but get the rest back. thats a steep price and highway robbery. Anyone know of these changes?

2011 Package Cancellation Policy
For cancellations made 44 days or less prior to guest arrival, there is a cancellation fee of $200 per package, plus any cancellation fees assessed by third party hotels or other suppliers. No refunds are given for cancellation of a Grand Gathering experience made 6 days or less prior to the experience date.

Guest will be responsible for any cancellation fees assessed by an airline. In the case of a non-refundable airline ticket, the cancellation fee is equal to the entire ticket price. Cancellation of a refundable airline ticket must be made at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled airline departure time.

Vacation insurance is nonrefundable. Upon any cancellation, the charge for vacation insurance will be added to the other applicable cancellation fees.

Changes to Reservation: For a change made 44 days or less prior to guest arrival that results in a change in the package price, a change fee of $50 per package, plus any change fees assessed by hotels or other suppliers, will be charged. Disney reserves the right to restrict changes to any reservation. Such change fees must be paid in addition to any increase in the package price resulting from the change. If air travel has been ticketed, guest will be responsible for any increase in airfare as well as the change fee assessed by the airline.

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I wonder if the reservationist may have been confused, or giving you the wrong information. I booked my February vacation about a week ago when AP rates came out, and was quote the existing cancelation policy.

Anyone know for sure?

Upvote 0

hrcollectibles

2011 Package Cancellation Policy
For cancellations made 44 days or less prior to guest arrival, there is a cancellation fee of $200 per package, plus any cancellation fees assessed by third party hotels or other suppliers. No refunds are given for cancellation of a Grand Gathering experience made 6 days or less prior to the experience date.

Guest will be responsible for any cancellation fees assessed by an airline. In the case of a non-refundable airline ticket, the cancellation fee is equal to the entire ticket price. Cancellation of a refundable airline ticket must be made at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled airline departure time.

Vacation insurance is nonrefundable. Upon any cancellation, the charge for vacation insurance will be added to the other applicable cancellation fees.

Changes to Reservation: For a change made 44 days or less prior to guest arrival that results in a change in the package price, a change fee of $50 per package, plus any change fees assessed by hotels or other suppliers, will be charged. Disney reserves the right to restrict changes to any reservation. Such change fees must be paid in addition to any increase in the package price resulting from the change. If air travel has been ticketed, guest will be responsible for any increase in airfare as well as the change fee assessed by the airline.

I likedw is correct :)

To the original Poster did you call Disney directly or a third party?

Upvote 0

ThatMouse

This is maybe a different question than the original poster, but has anyone figured out why when you book online, the 'room only' reservations show BOTH the 5 day policy AND the 45 day no refund policy? Also is the policy different for resident or AP? I've never seen an option to buy insurance.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This is maybe a different question than the original poster, but has anyone figured out why when you book online, the 'room only' reservations show BOTH the 5 day policy AND the 45 day no refund policy? Also is the policy different for resident or AP? I've never seen an option to buy insurance.
If you book a room only online the cancellation policy will be 45 day . If you book it over the phone it will be 5. I have no clue why there is a difference between the two or why it would show both on your reservation. The same is true for AP rooms, Florida residents, etc. You can not get trip insurance from Disney on a room only.

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

I may be way off base here so correct me if I am wrong (like anyone really NEEDS permission!! :lol:)

Last package I booked I was told there are cancellation fees, if you are flat out cancelling, but there are no fees for re-booking at a later date. So, if you needed to cancel, you could just re-book for a random future date and then adjust again if need be. Obviously they hold your money that you already paid, but you don't LOSE it. Is this accurate?

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I may be way off base here so correct me if I am wrong (like anyone really NEEDS permission!! :lol:)

Last package I booked I was told there are cancellation fees, if you are flat out cancelling, but there are no fees for re-booking at a later date. So, if you needed to cancel, you could just re-book for a random future date and then adjust again if need be. Obviously they hold your money that you already paid, but you don't LOSE it. Is this accurate?
Pretty much. There are exceptions of course, airfare would be the biggest one, but for you basic WDW package they will let you reschedule with at worst a small change fee.

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

Pretty much. There are exceptions of course, airfare would be the biggest one, but for you basic WDW package they will let you reschedule with at worst a small change fee.

Good to know - I mean - with the frequency of our visits it's not like I would NEVER be going back!!

Upvote 0

NedFlanders

I wonder if the reservationist may have been confused, or giving you the wrong information. I booked my February vacation about a week ago when AP rates came out, and was quote the existing cancelation policy.

Anyone know for sure?

If you are an AP then you dont' have the same cancellation policy. Unless they changed the AP policy to, you only lose 1 nights cost even if you cancel the day you were supposed to arrive.... in the past it was another good reason to have an AP.

Upvote 0

ThatMouse

Here is what the confirmation email says after booking online (room only). This is from a few days ago. It clearly states 5 prior. When you book online, there is a link that takes you to a pop-up window with the 45 day notice. In any case, if I ever need to cancel and they give me trouble, I have this email to show them.

Here is the email confirmation I got:

In order to receive a full refund of your deposit, notification of cancellation must be received at least five (5) days prior to your arrival date. To cancel or modify an existing room reservation, call (407) 939-7429†.

And the cross just states:
†If you are under 18 years of age, you must have your parent or guardian's permission to dial this number.

Upvote 0

ThatMouse

Also I booked another reservation for 02/26/2011, online, room only, these are under the AP rates. The one next week is under resident rates. They both give me the same cancel policy: 5 days prior to get my deposit back. No talk of fees or anything.

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

Original Poster
We are nor cancelling, we were just asking wdw travel co. if we had to cancel this year less than 6 days out, and the answer was you lose $200, but get the rest back. This is for room, dining, and park hoppers. Now for our trip next sept, same packege, same person said less than five days out, we lose it all unless you purchse insurance from wdw travel co.

So, after reading replies, i assume that we were given incorrect information?:shrug:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom