New Beast Costume

MississippiBelle

Here's a side-by-side of the 3 pictures provided so far, in the order they were posted:
SS4tfCm.png

I definitely like the middle one the best, but even that picture looks like he got into the plants a little ifyouknowwhatimean. It's got to be hard to create a fur costume that looks like the animated Beast though. Also, will someone kindly point me in the direction of the BatB movie thread? Just watched the new teaser trailer and as you can tell by my name (not the avatar though :p) I'm a big BatB fan!!

Meeko77

If thats the Beast we are getting, :(:confused::( I'll skip the photo shoot after my BOG meal. Glad I had taken enough memorable photos on my past trips. The Beast should portray The Beast. This looks like hes connecting with his Princess side. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

While I had seen the new costume in the Christmas Parade at Magic Kingdom, I am happy to report that the original costume is still in use at Be Our Guest. Just had dinner there last night! :) I much prefer the original look to the Beast.

wdrive

While I had seen the new costume in the Christmas Parade at Magic Kingdom, I am happy to report that the original costume is still in use at Be Our Guest. Just had dinner there last night! :) I much prefer the original look to the Beast.

It's swapping very very soon

GiveMeTheMusic

Maybe they had to cover his body like they did with Jasmine? Too many people going in for a chest pet/belly rub?

He was redesigned to make his face more resemble the film and make the costume lighter. The Beast costume weighs a ton and can contribute to performer injury over time. The new costume is much lighter and more flexible, allowing for greater movement.

wdrive

Photos don't really show it but the new costume moves a lot more naturally and looks a lot better in this regard. The older version would limit performers arm movements while the newer one allows them to move in a more authentic way.

LukeS7

He was redesigned to make his face more resemble the film and make the costume lighter. The Beast costume weighs a ton and can contribute to performer injury over time. The new costume is much lighter and more flexible, allowing for greater movement.
^This. We did the Keys to the Kingdom Tour a few days ago and everybody was blown away by the fact that the beast costume weighs approx. 85 pounds, so any redesign that could cut that would be a blessing for that poor cast member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom