New Balance runDisney shoes announced

Texas84

Original Poster
Yes please.

http://www.newbalance.com/article?id=3411&ecid=so_TWT_cmsrun_EVDISDD_mk

DD_Full_Back_Veritcal.jpg DDfull800.jpg

dreamfinder

I totally missed the release at the Princess of the non totally hideous "retro" Mickey/Minnie shoes shown in the group shot. Kinda interesting that they still are offering those for sale, but not the 990's they released in January. Wonder if this means they will keep up this release per event timeline they seem to be on (Only skipped Star Wars) and release something at W&D and Avengers as well?

Texas84

Original Poster
These are marked '2015' so maybe we will see something new in January?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say there will be no runDisney Star Wars models because of the chaos that will result. :)

dreamfinder

These are marked '2015' so maybe we will see something new in January?

That I'd hope as well.
Just seemed strange that the ones from this Jan that were pretty universally panned disappeared. I still wonder if they had to make a last minute change and the Made in USA 990 were the only thing they could get done in time.
Jan Marathon - Retro Mickey/Minnie 990 (Not shown as available)
Jan Star Wars - Nothing
Feb Princess - Retro Mickey/Minne 860 (Available)
May Tinkerbell - Fresh Foam Boracay Tinkerbell (Available)
Sept DLR 1/2 - Fresh Foam Boracay Donald (Available)
Nov W&D - ???
Nov Avengers - ???

Last edited:

LindsayLoves

I am such a fan of the design of these shoes that I am for the first time really tempted to enter the runDisney/New Balance fray. I like the Tink version too would never be able to bring myself to buy anything with Tink on it.

imight have to get these in jan . depending on how much they are
They are $140

marissieviolissie

Oh I wanted the Goofy ones and the Cinderella ones. Though not a fan of her whatsoever, I liked the shoes.
But now here's my little Donald with his hatthingies at the back of the shoes and now I want those too.
Maybe I SHOULD buy that bigger suitcase after all....:rolleyes:

Greenlawler

You can tell things are slow in the office for me these days ;)

Anyways I picked up a pair of the Donald's at DL Half Weekend.

They are not the best quality running shoe but as a Donald fan it was a "Duck tax". I intend on wearing them for short mileage Disney races only.

The part that may or may not be interesting to you is the process of getting them. I was expecting the usual NB running show fervor. They announced the virtual cue and to my disappointment I realized I would be flying over the midwest somewhere when the cue opened. As soon as we landed I grabbed a time, but was not allowed to pick the Donald shoe, all of their stock for that day had already been reserved. Long story shorter, I tried to get in the expo and the NB booth before my time, fearing they would sell out, and I would have to wake up way before I wanted the next day and try again. Eventually, a worker confided to me that the shoes were not selling as well as they thought they would and if I simply waited till my time there would be plenty of Donald's in stock. She was right, and I noticed the NB booth was by comparison to other runDisney events, a Ghost Town. I could have waited till the last day to get my Donald shoes.

Wonder if the shine is wearing off? How was the NB booth at W & D and Avengers?

marissieviolissie

I thought the NB boot at Wine and Dine waan't all that bad really. No crazy running around or something. Only the person getting my styles and sizes seemed to have the worst dag of her life. Wow.

I signed up for my cue at 11 and could return at 2:30.
(I had done my shopping already so I saw the exhibitors more than once .... but at least I got to meet up with Jeff Galloway :)

I personally had the feeling that the Tinkerbells were much more popular than the Donalds. I saw Tinkerbells everywhere at the Expo but virtually only NB crew with Donalds .
I bought both styles though, immediately throwing away those ridiculous white featherthingies you got when you bought the T's. (mean to be that White plush on her ballerinas. ) I'm not a Princess/Fairy person at all. I just thought the colors were very nice lol.

I haven't run in them yet but to me the Donalds feel better than the T's.

Oh and I bought the bigger suitcase beforehand. Best decision ever lol :p

Greenlawler

Got a pair of the new Dumbo shoes at the Expo on Wednesday without an appointment just walked up and asked for 11's and got them.

They are great shoes and much better quality than my Donalds.

surfsupdon

I am interested in grabbing a pair of something at the Princess.

Did they still have the retro Mickeys?? I liked them because they were not as loud. I have the original Mickey's and Goofy's, and they are pretty rad in color. I'd like a more neutral scheme this time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom