New “High Surf” B&M Coaster for 2023

celluloid

Did we need a "coaster capital?" People come here specifically for the immersive, big budget theme park experience. I don't know if abandoning their old identity and settling for being Orlando's Six Flags is wise.
It works for Busch Gardens Tampa and Sea World's major coasters are well designed thrills. They had the "Adventure park" marketing for that reason. They were rarely as immersive as Disney and Uni and while I do wish they would try harder for guest service and quality in other areas again,. Year round coaster capital makes sense. I enjoy BGT coaster thrills more than Cedar Point, especially the fact that the operating calendar is year round. Sea World is similar. Busch's(I know, now Sea World Entertainment's) major B&M coasters are some of the best in the world.

As long as they keep educating on animals and inspiring I think it is good.

matt9112

I addressed that. SeaWorld aiming to be like what is found elsewhere makes it less of a destination.

You do know how seaworld makes money right? Siphoning off a day from people going to universal' etc.....I think you would be hard pressed to find a tourist visiting orlando SPECIFICALLY for seaworld. You do all the other stuff....

lazyboy97o

You do know how seaworld makes money right? Siphoning off a day from people going to universal' etc.....I think you would be hard pressed to find a tourist visiting orlando SPECIFICALLY for seaworld. You do all the other stuff....
Also addressed that and it’s the same issue. You’re less likely to spend a day doing something you can do elsewhere for less.

celluloid

Maybe so but right now it's working. I believe they just had it's highest attendance level since 2013.
I think you are both right.

Just to put things in perspective for those not familiar:

Sea World and Busch have always had the superior animal education IMHO. As great as Animal Kingdom's elaborate immersion and contributions are, it often feels more shallow to me on the connection side of education. Just different.
That being said, people forget that pre 2008 Sea World actually had a higher attendance rate than IOA and USF.

Sea World started slacking around that time and had declining attendence pre extremists making documentaries.

SplashJacket

Original Poster

The station track and switch track are now installed. Launch likely to get installed in coming days. Forms for most of the coaster are complete or being worked on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom