New Attraction. (Inspired By Walt148 and Chad)

TheChop_King

Original Poster
I was reading many of your ideas. (You all have some excellent ones :) )
I came across Walt148's idea about a Circle-Vision theater presentation themed around Disney theme-parks featuring old and new attractions.
Then Chad mentioned that something like that would fit in nicely at the 'One Man's Dream' pavillion. That sparked an idea for a great Cirlce-Vision show to be housed in or near the 'One Man's Dream' exhibits. Ladies & Gentlemen, I present to you......."You're A Good Man, Mr. Disney".

You enter the theater. The large, 300-seat theater is completely surrounded by a large red curtain on the wall. Above the large curtain are 5 different paintings of Mickey Mouse, all surrounding the seats as well.
The paintings are:
1). A very early black & white Mickey with no background
2). A Black & White Mickey driving Steamboat Willie
3). A Mickey dressed as the Scorcerer's Apprentice from Fantasia.
4). A Mickey dressed as an Astronaut standing by a rocket.
5). A casual Mickey standing by Cinderella's Castle
What you will soon discover is that these are more than just paintings.

The show finally begins. The first painting of the earliest Mickey starts to tap dance and whistle. The section of curtain under this painting raises, and a film starts. The first part of the film shows real life footage and pictures of Walt's birthplace, childhood, and his earliest of creations as an artist/animator. This first section basically discusses the spark of Disney and the Disney Bros. studios.

This first section of curtain closes, the tap dancing Mickey freezes back into a painting, and the seats rotate to the left to face the second painting of Mickey aboard Steamboat Willie. Once again, the painting comes to life as the boat appears to be moving. The section of curtain below this raises to discuss the early cartoon classics of black & white, the Mickey Mouse club, Disneyland, and more. All of which showing real footage of Walt himself, either working on or talking about each new creation.

The same thing basically continues throughout the remainder of the show. Each time the seats rotate to face one of the five paintings, the painting comes to life, and the curtain below that particular painting raises to show a quick film about each category.

The section below the Scorcerer's Apprentice Mickey discusses Walt making animated motion pictures, Snow White, color, etc.
The Astronaut Mickey section shows Walt discussing his greatest plan...Epcot, the community of tomorrow.

And finally, the casual Mickey standing in front of Cinderella's castle. This is basically the grand finale of the show. When the seats rotate to face this last painting, Mickey comes to life and tells the audience: "I hope we never lose sight of one thing...that it all started with the man himself!" After Mickey says this, all the paintings raise up and out of sight, the ENTIRE curtain raises up to reveal the huge movie screen surrounding the theater, and every animated Disney character known to man comes out on the screen singing the show's signature song: "You're a Good Man, Mr. Disney". You are surrounded by this giant circle-vision screen with Disney characters all around you. After the song ends, Roy Disney steps out in front, and welcomes guests to the dream made reality on behalf of Walt & himself. Then a few mini-fireworks go off in the theater and the show comes to a close.

The show alltogether wouldn't last more than 15 - 20 minutes, but it would be a great way to salute Walt and show highlights of his life.

I like this idea alot, I realize it may be somewhat similar to the one mans dream attraction in content, but personally I would prefer this presentation of it, the only problem may be where to put it, perhaps in the studios to replace One Man's Dream as a permanent attraction, or perhaps add in a new area to Disney Studios devoted to Walt Disney where this and other similar attractions could serve as a permanent tribute to Uncle Walt :)

Rider

I like this, but some of it seems a bit, well, "cheesy". And how many people could stand a bunch of toons saying Thanks Disney over and over and over and over?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom