New Attraction for Pixar’s “Soul”?

ThemeParkPriest

Original Poster
Pixar’s “Soul” will be released on Disney Plus on December 25th (just in time for Christmas). As I start this thread, none of us have watched the movie. As is the case with any big release, Disney will be watching closely to see how well the movie is received. “The Princess and the Frog” (2009) is getting its first stand-alone attraction, so it might be some time before a movie like “Soul” would get its own. Where do you think a “Soul” attraction would best be located? What type of attraction would be a good fit for it?

spacemt354

Chili's
Pixar’s “Soul” will be released on Disney Plus on December 25th (just in time for Christmas). As I start this thread, none of us have watched the movie. As is the case with any big release, Disney will be watching closely to see how well the movie is received. “The Princess and the Frog” (2009) is getting its first stand-alone attraction, so it might be some time before a movie like “Soul” would get its own. Where do you think a “Soul” attraction would best be located? What type of attraction would be a good fit for it?
If Animation Courtyard is redone in DHS - I'd like it themed to a 'New York Street' city jazz corner. This would pay homage to the Backlot Tour and also be an extension of Pixar Place/Toy Story Land with "Soul" and Monsters Inc attractions! Both have that city jazz feel and have similar art styles to their posters so knowing nothing other than that they would be a fun pairing.

J4546

if it was in CA then Id say relocate the train station to the hungry bear restaraunt location. The build a Soul attraction there. If you look from google maps, theres a ton of space directly behind the station and to the north of it, you could create a showbuilding thats as big as pirates even. A huge space back there. I dont know what the ride would be though

ThemeParkPriest

Original Poster
If Animation Courtyard is redone in DHS - I'd like it themed to a 'New York Street' city jazz corner. This would pay homage to the Backlot Tour and also be an extension of Pixar Place/Toy Story Land with "Soul" and Monsters Inc attractions! Both have that city jazz feel and have similar art styles to their posters so knowing nothing other than that they would be a fun pairing.
I like the Animation Courtyard idea quite a bit. Pixar already has a strong presence in Hollywood Studios between Toy Story Land and Lightning McQueen.

The idea of moving the train station in Disneyland could work. I think a challenge, though, that that area creates is that Soul takes place in New York (even though it could have been easily set in New Orleans Square or in the bayou with The Princess).

A restaurant in The American Adventure could work, although I know the Regal Eagle is new. Another potential spot for a restaurant would be Muppets Courtyard. Another potential space at EPCOT would be near the Play Pavilion.

orlando678-

Personally I think the movie's themes and mood lend itself well to a restaurant(with live jazz music+ maybe some show effects capturing the visuals of getting in 'the zone' or Terry crashing the show looking for souls cheating the afterlife). Besides, some general streetmosphere or shows could easily be centered around Soul with its jazz influences.

Now in terms of actual attractions, Soul would be very interesting in making rides interactive, like for example giving Guests the opportunity to find their spark or form a personality. I think it would be great if Disney found a way to integrate those aspects in order to enable Guests to personalize their ride experience in some way using either screens or interchangeable sets like in Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway.

Lastly, though this might cause controversy again, but the movie's themes fit in with the current tone that Epcot is setting and though yes it would mean another IP infiltrating that park, I can see how they could bring certain educative topics to the attention in a fun and entertaining way. But there's a lot of options aside from Epcot. Disney is creative so they could decide to expand upon Soul's universe and stretch it's story to lend itself to a new more modern cul-de-sac for New Orleans Square where Joe Gardner and his band are now performing in New Orleans and are somehow brought to the The Great Before/Beyond, with us Guests tagging along with the movie's characters.

And a themed area like that(imagining this in a similar way to Place de Remy in WDSP, which easily but effectively transports Guests to the settings(including its atmospheres) of a specific film or franchise). Hmmm from the back of my head I'd say an interactive area based on The Great Before with Guests being able to visit the different 'personality pavilions'(I can see how they could easily do something with this interactive wrist bands they have in Super Nintendo World and how Guests could save various aspects of their personality and use that in the area to personalize their experience).

ThemeParkPriest

Original Poster
Personally I think the movie's themes and mood lend itself well to a restaurant(with live jazz music+ maybe some show effects capturing the visuals of getting in 'the zone' or Terry crashing the show looking for souls cheating the afterlife). Besides, some general streetmosphere or shows could easily be centered around Soul with its jazz influences.

Now in terms of actual attractions, Soul would be very interesting in making rides interactive, like for example giving Guests the opportunity to find their spark or form a personality. I think it would be great if Disney found a way to integrate those aspects in order to enable Guests to personalize their ride experience in some way using either screens or interchangeable sets like in Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway.

Lastly, though this might cause controversy again, but the movie's themes fit in with the current tone that Epcot is setting and though yes it would mean another IP infiltrating that park, I can see how they could bring certain educative topics to the attention in a fun and entertaining way. But there's a lot of options aside from Epcot. Disney is creative so they could decide to expand upon Soul's universe and stretch it's story to lend itself to a new more modern cul-de-sac for New Orleans Square where Joe Gardner and his band are now performing in New Orleans and are somehow brought to the The Great Before/Beyond, with us Guests tagging along with the movie's characters.

And a themed area like that(imagining this in a similar way to Place de Remy in WDSP, which easily but effectively transports Guests to the settings(including its atmospheres) of a specific film or franchise). Hmmm from the back of my head I'd say an interactive area based on The Great Before with Guests being able to visit the different 'personality pavilions'(I can see how they could easily do something with this interactive wrist bands they have in Super Nintendo World and how Guests could save various aspects of their personality and use that in the area to personalize their experience).
With how well people seem to be enjoying the movie, it sounds like they will be adding something to the parks. I guess I’ll know better after I watch Soul tomorrow.

ThemeParkPriest

Original Poster
So I thought the movie was okay but not stellar. It was creative, funny, insightful at times, but not as deep as I was hoping.

I thought of a couple other Soul attraction locations now that I have seen it. Having a “spark” is something that is mentioned, so naturally I thought of the Imagineering pavilion (mash with Figment) or the Magic Eye Theater (the You Seminar; although I’m not a fan of the Great Before scenes).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom