New Articulated Heads: Mickeys Royal Friendship Faire

BradleyF

Original Poster
Hi everyone! I was watching the youtube video of Mickeys Royal Friendship Faire and I noticed that the heads aren't being puppeteered like they were in "Dream Along"
They used to be controlled by the index finger, one for the mouth and one for the eyes. But looking closer at the video I realized they are not doing this anymore.
I did hear somewhere about a new project Disney might have been working on which used a mouth control rather that a glove control. The device went partway into the performers mouth and utilized the tongue to control the movements. I don't know if thats what they are doing now, it's just a little theory. But I did notice that some characters had kept their index finger awkwardly straight at times, making me suspect that whatever they are now using may be prerecorded movements, and the performers can override the movements if necessary.
Sorry for the long posts I had I lot of thoughts and theories.

BradleyF

Original Poster
Can the performers still overide in case of an an emergency? Or maybe if the head glitches are they able to operate it manually during the show?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom