New article on AllEars dealing with early evening closures at Epcot

Plowboy

Original Poster
Firstly, I apologize for not linking the article as I'm not tech savvy enough to do so, but if you go to the AllEars site, the article is up on their homepage today dealing with the proposed early evening closures of a number of Epcot attractions. It mostly deals with the films in China, Canada, France, and a couple of other shows.

It's not bad enough that Disney continues to jack prices every other week, now they're shortening attraction hours? WTH???

Jon81uk

To be fair there probably wasn't that many people watching the show in the last hour as many people would be heading towards the lagoon to watch the fireworks. 8.30pm would probably be the best time to close these, but last showings at 8pm isn't too bad.

donsullivan

Premium Member
To be fair there probably wasn't that many people watching the show in the last hour as many people would be heading towards the lagoon to watch the fireworks. 8.30pm would probably be the best time to close these, but last showings at 8pm isn't too bad.
Exactly. Instead of defaulting to the negative, this is more likely a reaction to lack of guest demand at that time of night at these experiences.

Animaniac93-98

Exactly. Instead of defaulting to the negative, this is more likely a reaction to lack of guest demand at that time of night at these experiences.

It has nothing to do with rumoured cuts across the US parks to compensate for two closed Asian resorts? The timing is certainly coincidental and odd considering Awesome Planet and the Sing Along just opened a month ago.

donsullivan

Premium Member
It has nothing to do with rumoured cuts across the US parks to compensate for two closed Asian resorts? The timing is certainly coincidental and odd considering Awesome Planet and the Sing Along just opened a month ago.

We have absolutely no facts that the two things are connected. And instead of just defaulting to negativity like too many here do, I and the poster I quoted suggest there can also be a less sinister reason like the number of guests visiting the attraction at that time of night suggests there is all but no guest demand and therefore no measurable guest impact. Except of course those who spend all waking hours looking for something else to complain about with Disney.

Sometimes it can just be there are not enough guests visiting to warrant keeping the attraction open. Not everything needs to be focused with a negative response.

Jon81uk

Probably both. But as @donsullivan said why not eliminate something that will have almost no guest impact. They will have the data on how many people watch the shows in that final hour and it’s probably a very small number. Therefore when looking for something to cut, get rid of the easy wins first.

TrainsOfDisney

We have absolutely no facts that the two things are connected. And instead of just defaulting to negativity like too many here do, I and the poster I quoted suggest there can also be a less sinister reason like the number of guests visiting the attraction at that time of night suggests there is all but no guest demand and therefore no measurable guest impact. Except of course those who spend all waking hours looking for something else to complain about with Disney.

Sometimes it can just be there are not enough guests visiting to warrant keeping the attraction open. Not everything needs to be focused with a negative response.

It was predicted and then confirmed by our resident insiders in other threads. I choose to believe them.

JohnD

When I first read it, I thought IDF would be cut to only one hour. It turns out that BATB ends one hour sooner and IDF begins one hour sooner with the last show at 8pm. This probably gets IDF more viewings not less because it won't suffer during the 8-9pm hour.

Animaniac93-98

Considering this website's own administrator first reported the cuts, this is just willful ignorance on your part.

There's a difference between looking at a glass as half full, and not looking at the glass at all.

Jon81uk

Yes... during budget cuts. Lol.

Nope, historically the park had Future World 9am to 7pm and world showcase 11am to 9pm. Its only recently (ie in the 2000s) since the addition of more popular thrilling future world rides (Test Track, Soarin etc) that they extended Future World Hours. Also the addition of character dining extended select world showcase areas into the morning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom