New approach at Palo

Lilofan

Times have changed and the prices too. When I sailed years ago, Palo was an additional $10 per person and when fellow guests boarded they had to stand in line in front of Palo to try to get a reservation before the ship left FL.

Sans Souci

That's a bit naughty. The pre fixe menu is really basic.

I was reading the comments. I love the one comment from "Megan" who went to great lengths to say Palo was too pedestrian for her. :hilarious:

jaklgreen

I don't mind it. I am not a big eater and 4 courses is not something that I could ever eat in one sitting. So I like the idea of just getting a good meal off of the a la carte menu.

Wendy Pleakley

Ah, the dining plan approach. Guests can order the most expensive things on the $45 menu and get $55 worth of food which tricks them into thinking they got a good deal.

I ate there on a group meal and it was great, we were able to order several pizzas for the table as an appetizer. Lots of flexibility and felt like good value for the upcharge cost. Not so much any more I think.

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Has anybody been to Palo since the re-launch? I'd love to hear first-hand experiences of the new format.

lostpro9het

Phonedave

From our September trip:
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/we-kept-it-on-the-dl…the-dcl.974722/post-9982947

For my part, I’m not a fan, at all, of the new Palo. The food is still good but Im so over the nickel & dime Disney and pretty disgusted that it’s taking over one of my favorite aspects of DCL. Celebrity looks better and better every day.

Tuscan Grill on Celebrity is a $45 upcharge - but it is not a set menu, it is for the most part all you can eat. There are a few dishes on there that cost above the $45, but other than that, it is all included in the $45

We had waiters bring us extra stuff we did not order, because in their opinion it was a signature dish we had to try, so they brought us small portions of it. I was stuffed when done.

Qsine is also $45 extra and all you want to order. That is a quirky restaurant. I would go with a good number of people so you can order a bunch of stuff and share. Otherwise you will be stuffed if you get everything you want to try.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom