New AP Fastpass rule?

Zé_Carioca

Original Poster
Good morning! This is just an FYI, to APs because it looks like the FastPass system changed slightly for us.

It used to be that as an AP, you had 30 days to book FastPasses but if you had a resort stay you had 60 days, like other guests. However, yesterday I booked a resort stay at Coronado and I still only have 30 days to book Fastpasses plus ONLY the days of my trip. For clarification if I booked a trip that was more than 30 days ahead and less than 60 days ahead, I would still get the whole 60 day window, even past the resort stay date. Now, my trip is more than 30 days ahead and less than 60 but I can now only book ahead to 30 days and the specific days of my trip (the days in between are grey, for example) not any day in the 60 day window like it used to. I only needed the Fastpasses for my trip so it does not matter, I just thought it was curious because on my trip earlier this year it was the other way.

Has anyone else experienced this? It could just be a glitch but I think its another way of Disney cracking down on people taking advantage of the system which is better for all.

Kingoglow

It is a glitch.
You can call Disney and verify, but that is not how the system should work.
Resort guests (of all types) are given 60-days to book Fastpasses. If you cancel your room reservation the Fastpasses are lost as well.

Zé_Carioca

Original Poster
It is a glitch.
You can call Disney and verify, but that is not how the system should work.
Resort guests (of all types) are given 60-days to book Fastpasses. If you cancel your room reservation the Fastpasses are lost as well.

Thank you! I figured as such, but since I noticed it yesterday and it continued again today I figured I would double check if anyone else experienced it. Good to know its just the website acting up (again).

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
It's definitely a glitch, and just sounds like your reservation didn't link properly which happens now and then.

"Passholders with reservations at a Disney Resort hotel can start making FastPass+ selections up to 60 days prior to check-in for the entire length of your stay."

Last edited by a moderator:

nickys

Premium Member
Hold up!

Sounds like you did get to book for the whole of your stay, correct?

Just not the days beyond your stay, taking you up to 60 days. Am I understanding correctly?

If so, then That is not a glitch. The rolling day window was stopped in February, as part of closing loopholes in the system. No one gets days beyond your onsite stay anymore.

Zé_Carioca

Original Poster
Hold up!

Sounds like you did get to book for the whole of your stay, correct?

Just not the days beyond your stay, taking you up to 60 days. Am I understanding correctly?

If so, then That is not a glitch. The rolling day window was stopped in February, as part of closing loopholes in the system. No one gets days beyond your onsite stay anymore.

Yes, that is what I am referring to, only the days of my trip show up. Thank you! I had not heard about the rolling day window closing and it makes sense as my previous trip was in January so it was before the change. This makes much more sense. Thank you for letting me know!

nickys

Premium Member
Yes, that is what I am referring to, only the days of my trip show up. Thank you! I had not heard about the rolling day window closing and it makes sense as my previous trip was in January so it was before the change. This makes much more sense. Thank you for letting me know!

You’re welcome. :)

Also, you won’t get the days in between your 30 days and the date of your onsite stay either. That was also stopped at the same time.

Zé_Carioca

Original Poster
You’re welcome. :)

Also, you won’t get the days in between your 30 days and the date of your onsite stay either. That was also stopped at the same time.

I figured, and I understand why this was done I was just confused as to why the calendar looked like that. Good to know!

bUU

Just to be clear, if you book a one-night stay, you can book two days 60 days prior (check-in day and check-out day)... not just one day... yes?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom