New animatronics for the Country Bears.

FettFan

Original Poster
As one of the Magic Kingdom's opening-day attractions, the Country Bear Jamboree will be celebrating its 50th anniversary next year with the rest of the park.

But here's the problem....in that 50 years, the art and science audio-animatronics have advanced by leaps and bounds, so much so that the two newest additions (Hondo and Kylo at Galaxy's Edge) are almost indistinguishable from costumed actors. And sadly, the bears are only a few paces more technologically advanced than the now-defunt Chuck E. Cheese/Rock A Fire Explosion brand.

If you look at Marc Davis' original designs for the characters, it's clear to see that the 1971 animatronics kind of miss the mark.
Bears02.jpg

So, I say that the entire CBJ should be revamped and updated. Not the actual show, mind you (no need to repeat the Tiki Room's horrid "Under New Management" days), but new animatronics created that are closer to Davis' original designs, with the more-fluid movements that modern AA's enjoy.
And clean up the audio track. As much as I like the sound of a vintage vinyl album, it kind of loses something for a stage show.

Doubtful that this would ever actually happen, given how Disney Co. wouldn't see an immediate return on investment, but it's nice to think about.

JIMINYCR

If you look back youll see that none of the design sketches they worked from look like the finished AA. I agree Disney should give CBJ some love but even with the 50th I doubt they will spend to uprade the show with all new animatronics which are costly. I am a fan of CBJ and as much as i would like an upgrade theres a part of my nostalgic side that enjoys the old style simplistic attraction pieces. Clean up the audio but please dont change to modern country sounds, which would ruin it entirely.

Walt_Disney

My biggest issue with the current state of the show is the audio. Like many attractions at WDW, it’s simply not loud enough and does not cover up the sounds of the show mechanics. It makes the whole thing awkward.

I noticed that too about all the Audio all over not being loud enough last time I went. Why doesn’t make the audio louder in its attractions ? I thought maybe my hearing was going glad others think it’s too quite also.

celluloid

It just needs knew audio, when we'll maintained the Animatronics and pacing are still fairly good. Just needs the TLC that parks never get anymore.

Cmdr_Crimson

After the refurbishment in 2012 they Re-Skinned & Furred up all the Country Bears and with them cutting bits and pieces of songs including cutting Wendell & Henry's "Fractured Folk song" And Zeke's "Pretty Little Devilish Mary" the show is now an even 10 mins from it's originial 15:55 show...

Walt Disney1955

When will people realize this about shows like the Country Bear Jamboree...................the point of the show is that it is SUPPOSED to look a little campy and corny. That is the charm about it. Yes the audio should always be maintained but you learn to fall in love with the characters and how they look. I swear if we left it up to the "woke" people of the world they'd modernize a place like Frontierland and it would completely go over their head what Frontierland is supposed to be about.

MacVenture

I love the CBJ. Would I like to see CBJ get some Love- you bet I would. Of course I have a major concern should money be allocated to update, changes would be made to the overall show (song changes, etc.).

Raineman

I have to admit, CBJ is one of the things I have never done at WDW. Is it still a popular enough attraction for Disney to warrant spending $$ on it?

Simba’s Mom

I'd love to see a full revamp of CBJ, with new animatronics and some new songs (Yes, for those of you gasping, I really think it's time to stop whopping Buford or having blood in the saddle). I've seen it twice (only went back because I just couldn't believe how bad it was) and maybe if it were revamped, I might try it again.

Movielover

I'd love to see a full revamp of CBJ, with new animatronics and some new songs (Yes, for those of you gasping, I really think it's time to stop whopping Buford or having blood in the saddle). I've seen it twice (only went back because I just couldn't believe how bad it was) and maybe if it were revamped, I might try it again.

632d239e5b7ca72203b1aa1ae9676785.jpeg

Its like you want the Commies to win...
;)

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Rebuild the AAs to move more fluidly and silently. Restore the edited out bits. Add the seasonal shows.

KaliSplash

NOOOOO. Whatever they do, they must KEEP "BLOOD ON THE SADDLE! My favorite

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom