New Animal Kingdom logo?

*Q*

Original Poster
The merchandise for the after hours DVC event at Animal Kingdom features a logo for the park I've never seen before. Can't say I've ever seen mention of it here, even after a cursory thread search. It would make sense for a new logo like this to appear considering the mythical creatures represented by the dragon in the current logo never materialized, and this might offer just a tiny bit more weight to the rumors that the dinosaurs might be going away, as well. I don't believe this would be a special logo treatment just for this event, either, as they didn't do that for the Typhoon Lagoon DVC party merchandise back over the summer, it was just the classic logo.
b_1200_800_0_10_images_stories_merchandise_MM_AK_2017_Logo.png

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pr...animal-kingdom-moonlight-magic-gear-available

The original park logo which has been in use up through the present:
disney-animal-kingdom-logo.jpeg

Dinoman96

Animal Kingdom desperately needs a new logo, or at least an update to the current one.

Beastly Kingdom has been dead and buried for like almost 20 years at this point and yet there's still a whole bunch of references to it at the park, such as the dragon right smack in the middle of the current logo. Surely it can't be that hard to go into Photoshop and edit it out. I made peace with the fact that BK will never come to fruition (especially since Pandora took its place) so I just find it annoying walking into the park to still see a few remnants of it left, like the dragon head at the entrance. I wish Disney just took it all out so we can move on.

mightynine

Heck, WDW itself has 3 variations right now: the original logo, the one with the Disney script and serif font, and one with the Walt Disney script and a sans-serif font I saw on social posts about the hurricane.

It is funny to think about how much "brand-drift" is floating around a major media company. Especially considering EPCOT nailed app icons with the attraction logos before apps were even an inkling in Steve Jobs' eye...

disneygeek90

Animal Kingdom desperately needs a new logo, or at least an update to the current one.

Beastly Kingdom has been dead and buried for like almost 20 years at this point and yet there's still a whole bunch of references to it at the park, such as the dragon right smack in the middle of the current logo. Surely it can't be that hard to go into Photoshop and edit it out. I made peace with the fact that BK will never come to fruition (especially since Pandora took its place) so I just find it annoying walking into the park to still see a few remnants of it left, like the dragon head at the entrance. I wish Disney just took it all out so we can move on.
The dragon looks like a banshee so much I'm not even sure people not paying close attention would even question it. Though, they could adjust it slightly to definitely fit the banshee look.

zengoth

Perhaps they are waiting til deciding the fate of Dinosaur section before a brand revamp to remove the triceratop.

No Name

I don't think the dragon in the logo should go, for a multitude of reasons, but mainly that the change would feel more unnecessary now than it has for the past decade years. Did they replace it with a yeti in 2006?

I do very much like that trash can logo though.

Perhaps they are waiting til deciding the fate of Dinosaur section before a brand revamp to remove the triceratop.

I think this is a case where the four fingers don't really talk to the thumb. Marketing probably doesn't know any more about the idea than you or I.

PizzaPlanet

Just pretend it's a banshee. That's what I do, and my life has been vastly improved ever since.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom