1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

New Animal Kingdom logo?

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by *Q*, Sep 13, 2017.

1. *Q*

*Q* Well-Known Member

The merchandise for the after hours DVC event at Animal Kingdom features a logo for the park I've never seen before. Can't say I've ever seen mention of it here, even after a cursory thread search. It would make sense for a new logo like this to appear considering the mythical creatures represented by the dragon in the current logo never materialized, and this might offer just a tiny bit more weight to the rumors that the dinosaurs might be going away, as well. I don't believe this would be a special logo treatment just for this event, either, as they didn't do that for the Typhoon Lagoon DVC party merchandise back over the summer, it was just the classic logo.
    [​IMG]
    http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pr...animal-kingdom-moonlight-magic-gear-available

The original park logo which has been in use up through the present:
    [​IMG]

2. Bolt

Bolt Well-Known Member

The amount of variations they used the Sorcerer Hat at DHS, I don't see this being too unusual.

3. marni1971

marni1971 WDW History nut Premium Member

Same for Epcot. It's has what... five different logos not counting years or Center?

It was even using three at once 17 years ago.

4. Dinoman96

Dinoman96 Active Member

Animal Kingdom desperately needs a new logo, or at least an update to the current one.

Beastly Kingdom has been dead and buried for like almost 20 years at this point and yet there's still a whole bunch of references to it at the park, such as the dragon right smack in the middle of the current logo. Surely it can't be that hard to go into Photoshop and edit it out. I made peace with the fact that BK will never come to fruition (especially since Pandora took its place) so I just find it annoying walking into the park to still see a few remnants of it left, like the dragon head at the entrance. I wish Disney just took it all out so we can move on.

5. mightynine

mightynine Active Member

Heck, WDW itself has 3 variations right now: the original logo, the one with the Disney script and serif font, and one with the Walt Disney script and a sans-serif font I saw on social posts about the hurricane.

It is funny to think about how much "brand-drift" is floating around a major media company. Especially considering EPCOT nailed app icons with the attraction logos before apps were even an inkling in Steve Jobs' eye...

Fantasmicguy, tirian, prberk and 6 others like this.
  6. Po'Rich

Po'Rich Well-Known Member

Just make the dragon into a Banshee or Toruk and it will be updated to include the Pandora section.

ford91exploder and Macca250 like this.
  7. HMF

HMF Well-Known Member

Speaking of which Martin. Is a new logo for Epcot in the cards? (For better or worse)

8. lazyboy97o

lazyboy97o Well-Known Member

It has a bit more personality than the bland branding used on the Pandora billboards.

9. marni1971

marni1971 WDW History nut Premium Member

Pass. But I'd surprised if it wasn't.

AEfx, El_Tomato, brb1006 and 5 others like this.
  10. disneygeek90

disneygeek90 Well-Known Member

The dragon looks like a banshee so much I'm not even sure people not paying close attention would even question it. Though, they could adjust it slightly to definitely fit the banshee look.

11. prfctlyximprct

prfctlyximprct Well-Known Member

The dragon always gave me hope that maybe, just maybe, beastly kingdom would come.

MaxW and Alice a like this.
  12. Jedi Stitch

Jedi Stitch Well-Known Member

Ok, so a Banshee to replace the Dragon in the middle, and the kiosk head redone to a hammer head rhino?

13. larryz

larryz Well-Known Member

Same tree. Nothing new here...

14. Cmdr_Crimson

Cmdr_Crimson Well-Known Member

Yeah but, there were other decent designs used..My favorite was the skyline logo having Everest and the tree together made this a cool shirt..
    [​IMG]
    Or better yet, they could always use the logo that has been used on the garbage cans that are throughout the park.
    [​IMG]

15. zengoth

zengoth Active Member

Perhaps they are waiting til deciding the fate of Dinosaur section before a brand revamp to remove the triceratop.

16. lazyboy97o

lazyboy97o Well-Known Member

It’s been nearly 20 years without dragons and that hasn’t sparked a redesign.

17. zengoth

zengoth Active Member

It's not like they can come up with Indiana Jones and the Dragon's Lair any time soon.

18. egg

egg Well-Known Member

I don't think the dragon in the logo should go, for a multitude of reasons, but mainly that the change would feel more unnecessary now than it has for the past decade years. Did they replace it with a yeti in 2006?

I do very much like that trash can logo though.

I think this is a case where the four fingers don't really talk to the thumb. Marketing probably doesn't know any more about the idea than you or I.

Cmdr_Crimson likes this.
  19. zengoth

zengoth Active Member

With all the bad press zoos have been getting lately, i am expecting a name change soon to Disney's Animal Kingdom*
    *now with 40% less real animals!

HauntedPirate and egg like this.
  20. insert name here

insert name here Well-Known Member

Just pretend it's a banshee. That's what I do, and my life has been vastly improved ever since.

Martiyoman, bclane and Goofyque' like this.