New Animal Kingdom Bus Stops

Tom

Beta Return
I stay at Poly almost every time I go to the world and almost everyone uses disney transport and don't drive.

I had the same perception when we've stayed at Poly, BLT, and WL. Very little car traffic in and out of those resorts. LOTS of bus patrons.

PolynesianPrincess

When we stayed at WL we hardly saw any car traffic and there was hardly anyone ever on our bus. It was great!! Although like some others, I do question why they put Contemp/Poly together and GF/WL together. That just does not make any sense. Maybe they do it by the number of rooms at each resort? Perhaps not putting the two highest occupancies together? They don't really seem to be all that different though:

BLT / Contemp: 950 rooms
GF: 867
WL / Villas: 863
Poly: 847

Tom

Beta Return
When we stayed at WL we hardly saw any car traffic and there was hardly anyone ever on our bus. It was great!! Although like some others, I do question why they put Contemp/Poly together and GF/WL together. That just does not make any sense. Maybe they do it by the number of rooms at each resort? Perhaps not putting the two highest occupancies together? They don't really seem to be all that different though:

You're right, the room quantity differences are negligible. Even so, if that were the reason for lumping certain resorts together, "Efficiency" would again trump "Courtesy" - because it's definitely not a courtesy to add 10-15 minutes to a bus ride (after a wait greater than their advertised "20 minutes") every time I go to a park from my $500 room.

WDW95

Are Swan/Dolphin buses part of the Disney Transport system or do they operate their own buses? It's kind of weird that Swan/Dolphin get to be in the shaded bus depot whereas Shades of Green (even though they have a similar agreement as the Swan/Dolphin) has their buses way out in the parking lot. Same as at DHS.

Tom

Beta Return
Are Swan/Dolphin buses part of the Disney Transport system or do they operate their own buses? It's kind of weird that Swan/Dolphin get to be in the shaded bus depot whereas Shades of Green (even though they have a similar agreement as the Swan/Dolphin) has their buses way out in the parking lot. Same as at DHS.

Shades of Green is currently treated as a third party hotel (military owned/operated), which just happens to be on Disney property (as I understand it), while the Swan and Dolphin are WDW partner hotels and receive some of the benefits of Disney Resort guests.

WDW95

Shades of Green is currently treated as a third party hotel (military owned/operated), which just happens to be on Disney property (as I understand it), while the Swan and Dolphin are WDW partner hotels and receive some of the benefits of Disney Resort guests.

Thanks. Even though Shades of Green gets all the Disney resort benefits such as EMH and other perks even though it isn't Disney owned similar to th Swan/Dolphin, Disney and Shades probably elected to give the resort it's own separate system since it is really only for military and regular guests won't end up there by mistake.

amazingwdw

It seems they split two routes into roughly the same distances, and possibly times.

From CR to Poly it is about 8,000 feet, and from WL to GF it's roughly 8,300 feet.

This seems like the most logical reason for grouping the resorts this way...

Tom

Beta Return
It seems they split two routes into roughly the same distances, and possibly times.

From CR to Poly it is about 8,000 feet, and from WL to GF it's roughly 8,300 feet.

This seems like the most logical reason for grouping the resorts this way...

But why not Poly/GF and CR/WL? Both of those would have shorter distances between the paired resorts.

I know it's a moot point since Disney would rather put efficiency (i.e. cost savings) over courtesy, but it's always bugged me...and not in an elitist sort of way.

StarWarsGirl

I am so glad that Yacht/Beach are now separate from Boardwalk, Swan, and Dolphin. It makes that bus ride so long to have them together. Now who decided this so that when I go down I may hug that person? Or at least send him or her a thank you note?

JWG

I am so glad that Yacht/Beach are now separate from Boardwalk, Swan, and Dolphin. It makes that bus ride so long to have them together. Now who decided this so that when I go down I may hug that person? Or at least send him or her a thank you note?

They need to do this for more than just AK. The "Epcot Resort Loop" buses are awful. There's never enough room on the bus and it's a 30 minute ride to just get around the hotel drive much less go to/get from somewhere. We complain about this EVERY visit.

StarWarsGirl

They need to do this for more than just AK. The "Epcot Resort Loop" buses are awful. There's never enough room on the bus and it's a 30 minute ride to just get around the hotel drive much less go to/get from somewhere. We complain about this EVERY visit.

Well, considering AK fixed this and MK has separated them for years, and the other two parks don't have bus service to the Epcot resorts (except in rare cases when they can't run the boats) the only other bus loop they have to fix is the Typhoon Lagoon/Downtown Disney route. ;) Maybe when they finish testing the longer buses they'll run them at more resorts. The only more horrendous bus stop, IMO, is AKL. So crowded now that Kidani is around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom