new AK land: Artic

d dude

Original Poster
it could have a section with Polar bears, peinguins, and other stuff that live in the arctic. you would walk in and see all these amazing animals. then as you journy farther in you would see some restraunts and then there would be a "soar'n" type ride. you would go over the artic. any other ideas for a ride would be apreciated. also a name. i will try to post some pictures as soon as I find out how.

WDW-Imagineer

Certainly it would have to be indoors with heavy air conditioning. Even then, I don't think it would work out in the Central-Florida climate. I would personally like to see an Ocean Land next (after Beastly Kingdom of course).

the ceo at wdw

If Seaworld can pull it off why can't Disney? But yes a ocean theme would be cool and it seems has more animals. You could have a dolphin exibit. Sharks gosh even more things. I'm just gettin started. Maybe even build a lake or "ocean" or somthing like that. I'm not sure about that part but the rest sounds kool huh? let me know its just an idea though ok
laterzz

Chad

Well, I posted an idea long time ago about Atlantis..NOT the one in the movie, though it could be, but it would have to be befre atlantis was detroyed. This new land would actually be in an ocean of sorts, in that large lake between asia and dinoland....The main attraction was a 30minute tour through the temple of the sea, which including many special effects and underwater viewing tubes..

d dude

Original Poster
I didn't think of the weather being a problem with the animals. but the idea of an ocean land seem's really cool .

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by d dude
I didn't think of the weather being a problem with the animals. but the idea of an ocean land seem's really cool .

Oh yeah... how so?? The artic sun isn't nearly as intense as the Floriday sun (less angle). Its more humid. And let see.... its about 80° or more hotter!!

Chad

Oh yeah, the weather would be VERY important. If you wanted to build something like this, it would have to incased in like a giant stadium...Ecspecially if you wanted to keep the theming of the arctic outside of the exhibits..Imagine walking out of a ride that was supposed to 'Take' you to antartica and you walk outside and are hit by the blazing 98 degree summer sun. Not very realistic, hmm? I could see, instead of being 'the arctic' make it an actual city. Maybe somewhere in greenland. That way it would be different from seaworld's. It could be a little fishing village somewhere in Greenland, and you could take a boat ride around some animal exhibits, and in the end, you get caught in avalanche. Nothing to scary, and nothing to fast.

Anyway, back to my ocean land. It was actually a very small land, with two ride/exhibit things. Temple of the sea and temple of neptune Temple of the sea was a walkthrough exhibit, taking about 30 minutes, or up to 3 hours if you so choose. You would enter the temple, and would be lead down to a big room, that would be filled with water. a voice would say something like,"Allow these mortals entry into the land of the sea' or something and lights would flash, and the pool in the middle would part, like the red sea, to expose a stair case leading down to the underwater viewing tubes. After you walk through the tubes at your own leisure, you would be able to explore an area that has exhibits and a dolphin petting tank, and a sting/manta ray petting pool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom