New 20k pics! 9/13/04 - NOT 56K FRIENDLY!

wdwjmp239

Candy-Striped Tent In Background?

What's the red and white striped tent in the background in those pics?

I just can't believe that 20K Leagues Under The Sea is gone. I've only been on that attraction twice (once when I was 7 and again when I was 18).

Mission: SPACE

I can guarantee you that the show building will be coming down as well... They're probably filling the lagoon already so they can get the areas visible from inside the park completed, then work on demolishing the show building.

Over the weekend I noticed a little more done to the show building, nothing major.

kevmagkingdom

Account Suspended
See those trees (the tropical type ones) near the fence? Are they staying or going?

Is the "show building" that metal frame over on the far right? Could've sworn that was the cave. Anyone care to lemme know?

Wow, the Grotto looks REAL far from the other side. Tough to think it was THAT big :)

The trees in the back will most likely stay, until a new (whatever they permanently do with it) is built. Whether or not they will be visible once the project is complete in December, I don't know.

The 'rocks' that were on the far right of the lagoon was the entrance to the show building. The heart of the building is much, much larger, going from right behind the ToonTown tents almost to small world.

kevmagkingdom

Account Suspended
ntn_haqqer said:
What's the red and white striped tent in the background in those pics?

I just can't believe that 20K Leagues Under The Sea is gone. I've only been on that attraction twice (once when I was 7 and again when I was 18).
The tent is from Toontown, I think

wcox377492

Has anyone heard what the plans are for the ride building? It looks like they took off the fake stone facade, but left the building itself intact...

The building will be coming down as well. My theory is that they will complete what is onstage, then worry about demolishing the show building, which is backstage.

MicBat

have they moved the wall forward?? It seems to me, in a few of those pictures you can see the planter/bench that I used to stand on to catch glimpses of the beginning phases of deconstruction.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
I actually found a better vantage point on the planter by the teacups, simply because it's easier to get a steady shot

POOHKILLEDTOAD

I NEVER realized how much space was consumed by 20 k. they should have enough room to put two dark rides which would help with a very crowded fantasyland.

I hope it becomes more than a really nice garden. :(

DSpear456

For those wondering what it will look like:

“The first thing we have to do is take down the ride building
and enough rockwork so trucks can get in and out of the lagoon,” Adrienne said. “After that, everything in the lagoon comes out. Only the north wall and east wall of the ride building will remain as retaining walls.” Adrienne Messenger, Assistant Development Manager at Walt Disney Imagineering said,"
we’ll bring in truckloads of earth — about 70,000 cubic yards — compact it, grade it, and then we’ll add the plants and irrigation,” Adrienne said. “We’re adding some fencing and lights to replace what we’ve removed ...When the walls come down, you’ll see a four-to-six foot berm all the way around what used to be the lagoon.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom