New ‘Haunted Mansion’ Movie in the Works

• Thread starter Deleted member 107043
  • Start date

PiratesMansion

You:
Well, at least the new HM couldn’t be any worse than the 2003 version lol.
2021 Disney:
GIF by memecandy

CaptinEO

Well, at least the new HM couldn’t be any worse than the 2003 version lol.
The 2003 movie is a corny early 2000s Disney family movie. It also manages to neither be funny or scary.

I expect the 2021 version to be a
2020's Disney generic movie that lacks any soul, like all their live action output in recent years.

Disney movies are written and edited by comittee now, good luck ending up with something that isn't scrubbed of personality by the end.

CraftyFox

Pretty major casting update to the film situation:

Illuminerdi has also provided a brief plot synopsis that quite a few articles are quoting. That being said the actual legitimacy of it is questionable:
The plot will revolve around “Gabbie, a single mother, and her young son [who] recently purchased a New Orleans estate [the Haunted Mansion] at auction only to discover it isn’t quite as empty as they expected.”
“Gabbie hires a grieving widower who works as a ghost tour guide [Ben Matthias], a psychic [Harriet], a priest, and a local historian to exorcise the vengeful spirit from the Haunted Mansion.”

BuzzedPotatoHead89

Pretty major casting update to the film situation:

Illuminerdi has also provided a brief plot synopsis that quite a few articles are quoting. That being said the actual legitimacy of it is questionable:
The plot will revolve around “Gabbie, a single mother, and her young son [who] recently purchased a New Orleans estate [the Haunted Mansion] at auction only to discover it isn’t quite as empty as they expected.”
“Gabbie hires a grieving widower who works as a ghost tour guide [Ben Matthias], a psychic [Harriet], a priest, and a local historian to exorcise the vengeful spirit from the Haunted Mansion.”

I really don’t know if I’m liking this casting though I’ll hold out judgment until I hear more.

Nothing against Tiffany Haddish but I was really hoping for a darker/macabre tone a la Guillermo Del Toro. Hopefully this doesn’t repeat the mistake of the first attempt, and fall too heavy on the self-deferential comedy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom