New “High Surf” B&M Coaster for 2023

Jrb1979

At least they revealed something, Universal would still say its a churro stand.
Disney is worse. They don't release much of anything for new attractions. It's goes from concept art to its open. Nothing in between.

Regional parks do it best when it comes to new attractions.

J4546

Disney is worse. They don't release much of anything for new attractions. It's goes from concept art to its open. Nothing in between.

i like how disney keeps stuff secret until it opens. Like right now what they are doing in DIsneySea....only getting glimpses of stuff but still noone (outside of disney) really knows what the peter pan, frozen, or tangled rides are gonna be. Im into surprises

SplashJacket

Original Poster

i like how disney keeps stuff secret until it opens. Like right now what they are doing in DIsneySea....only getting glimpses of stuff but still noone (outside of disney) really knows what the peter pan, frozen, or tangled rides are gonna be. Im into surprises
Ughhhhhhhhhhh

Think it’s the opposite. Disney will announce their project years before they start construction. Universal doesn’t announce the project until it’s almost done.

Then Disney will drop more and more details as things progress. Neither company released full POVs before opening, but Rise had plenty
of on-ride promotion months before it opened.

Andrew25

Not at all. Universal is the worst offender. They will build the thing, possibly acknowledge a "new experience" and then announce the opening date maybe a month in advance.

Disney at least lets us know what it is officially, Universal took 8 months before opening to announce Velocicoaster officially.

Jon81uk

Not at all. Universal is the worst offender. They will build the thing, possibly acknowledge a "new experience" and then announce the opening date maybe a month in advance.

Disney at least lets us know what it is officially, Universal took 8 months before opening to announce Velocicoaster officially.
Or Disney announce things that are years and years from opening and then cancel them completely. Better to say nothing until almost ready than announce and cancel.

I don’t think there is a huge need for POV generally, better to ride and it and see.

Jrb1979

Or Disney announce things that are years and years from opening and then cancel them completely. Better to say nothing until almost ready than announce and cancel.

I don’t think there is a huge need for POV generally, better to ride and it and see.
The POV I like seeing. Mainly cause I watch YouTube channels that do construction updates from different parks. So it's interesting to watch to see the final product. I like the POV also cause a lot the parks I don't get to visit often.

Tom Morrow

It's pretty fun. Much better than old school standup designs, though the collar restraints are still a little uncomfortable. The bouncing airtime sensation is surprising and probably the best part about the coaster.

I wish SeaWorld would commit to the theming they did for Manta though, because the queue for this and Ice Breaker are about as "Six Flags" as it gets.

Andrew25

It's pretty fun. Much better than old school standup designs, though the collar restraints are still a little uncomfortable. The bouncing airtime sensation is surprising and probably the best part about the coaster.

I wish SeaWorld would commit to the theming they did for Manta though, because the queue for this and Ice Breaker are about as "Six Flags" as it gets.

I thought the theming was decent for SeaWorld compared to their more recent additions, but my biggest gripe is that they didn't plant trees between it and the parking lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom